Author Topic: Part time job problem  (Read 5710 times)

Offline karinadolores

• Nooboo
Part time job problem
« on: March 20, 2015, 08:41:04 AM »
Hi! First of this is my first time writing anything at all in here, so I'm sorry if I placed this wrong or something (I'm pretty sure this is the right place though, but still) and I've tried searching both here and on google for this problem all day and couldn't find anything about it, so again, I'm sorry if there's already something about this anywhere. I usually spend a very long time trying to find a solution to my problems before I even think of asking.

Anyway, to my actual problem: my sim can't get a part time job. I'm not sure if it's anything I'm doing wrong or if it's a problem with the game itself. She's trying to get the job in the bookstore in sunset valley (though it happens to all the other part time jobs as well), but everytime she goes in to try and she just get thrown right out again and end up in the back of the building. This doesn't happen when she tries to apply for a full time job.

She's at level 10 business career, does she have to quit her job first before applying for part time?
It's around 11 pm (sunday night), is it maybe to late to try to apply and I have to wait until the morning?

I'm playing a challenge and I'm supposed to start my new job on monday, but I was a little late remembering it and that's why it became so late, so if I have to wait until morning I could probably deal with that, but if I don't have to I'd rather not.

I've tried deleting the bookstore and placing it agian (when I thought it was just a problem with the bookstore). I've also tried to reset the whole lot with nraas master controller. And I've done a factory reset. I've also tried getting her the job using master controller and the testingcheats but it doesn't work. When I'm using master controller to do it there's a script error on my sim. I had my teen sim get a part time job and it worked fine.

My game is fully updated and it works fine besides that. I have a few mods which are all fully updated as well. The mods I'm using are:
ij invisible floor with daylight
no more lunacy!
nraas debug enabler
nraas mastercontroller cheats
nraas overwatch
nraas saver
as well as the no intro and no build sparkles that comes when you download framework
all of them are fully updated and have been working just fine for weeks so I don't really see how they'd cause a problem like this, usually they just crash my game.

Has anyone else had the same issue? If so how did you fix it? If not do you know how to fix it? Or at least a few suggestions to what I could try? I'd appreciate all the help I can get.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: Part time job problem
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 08:49:05 AM »
Your Sim needs to quit her job before applying for another, she can't have two career at the same time.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline karinadolores

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 09:24:30 AM »
I know that, but usually when you apply for a new job, it just asks you if you're sure that you want a new job because they already have one and would have to quit that one. But I've already tried quitting first, it doesn't seem to work.

Offline Simdarling

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 11:28:17 AM »
Hi @karinadolores
I am currently experiencing the exact same problem! I'm assuming here that you're also playing Llandros Ultimate Sim challenge. I realize it's been over a year but I'm curious if you have ever found a solution to this error? I've been trying to figure it out for over a month and it continues to happen even after a clean restart. Please let me know if you managed to fix this as I'm so ready to move past sunset valley.

Offline karinadolores

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 02:17:42 PM »
Hi @Simdarling :]

Yeah, that was what I was playing and I think I just ended up starting over the whole challenge. I couldn't find anything that would help and that wouldn't mess up my entire progress, so I just gave up.

I remember it being super frustrating, but I ended up doing a lot better with the new sim. It's not that far into the challenge yet, so it might be worth it to just start over instead of wasting time trying to fix it.

Offline Simdarling

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 02:29:56 PM »
Thanks so much for answering so quickly, @karinadolores!:)

It is frustrating, indeed! Lol

I have started over...about 7 times (ugh) and as soon as I'm about midway through the business degree, it happens. So I'm not sure if it's a mod conflict with the game (I use the same nraas mods) or if it's related to one of the skills or rebel influence or if it's the order in which they are done that could do it.
I just can't understand why I'm doing everything exactly as he is doing them and I get this error every time.
 So, you did end up playing without the error happening again?

Offline karinadolores

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 02:35:12 PM »
That's so weird, I'm guessing there's something there that keeps blocking it, but I have no idea what it could be.

And yes, I've played over two times (the second time I just got tired of the first one) and I haven't had that problem since. It was just a one time weird glitch that happened.

You could possibly try to switch them tho, I don't think it would matter what order you do it in.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Simdarling

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2016, 02:50:40 PM »
It's a good thing this challenge is so much fun...or I probably would have given up long ago LOL

Thanks for all your help! Hopefully I can get it worked out :)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2016, 07:57:01 PM »
Hi, this kind of sounds like a problem mod. Have you guys tried removing all of your mods and then trying getting the part time job? If if works, then just quit w/o saving and look for the problem mod.

anything