Author Topic: Herbalism and fires  (Read 3555 times)

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
Herbalism and fires
« on: March 27, 2015, 10:55:25 PM »
Whenever I have a Sim level up herbalism, there is always a fire, even if they are high level and very focused.  I say this after leveling it up with nearly ten Sims.  This is far different from cooking, from which I've never once had a fire in The Sims 4.  I wonder if there's some way to avoid fires when making elixirs.   

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Herblaism and fires
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 01:05:33 AM »
That's quite different from my experience (with only three sims so far though). I have had a fire with one who was a very low level and no fires at all with the other two. Trait related maybe?
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 01:15:35 AM »
Nope, don't think any of their traits would have caused it.  None of them were clumsy or anything.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 01:21:33 AM »
I guess its just game mechanics then.. we keep having these kinda posts where we discuss the difference in our gaming experiences lol. I had assumed that because the sim that had a fire was at a low level it was his lack of skill that had triggered the fire. In hindsight though I realize that both the other sims had *obviously* been a low skill level at one point too... *sigh* Must be going nuts from having played for far too long without a break!

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 01:24:41 AM »
Well, I appreciate your pitching in your ideas :)  There still might be a higher chance of a fire with lower skill, but I have also had them at higher skill.  It's strange, but every single Sim that's leveled it has had exactly one fire while leveling.  At least I know not to have them cook it on anything expensive, since they seem to have it regardless of what they're making their elixirs on.

Were you making your elixirs at home?  I was.  Not sure if making them in public effects your chances of a fire.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 01:39:06 AM »
hmm... that a good point. No I was making elixirs in GF at the holiday home using the outdoor grill. In fact I hardly ever make them at home with my sims as I usually have such a huge stock pile by the time I go home that I can hardly get through them all.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 01:43:57 AM »
The time you had a fire, do you remember if you were making them at home by any chance?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2015, 05:12:02 AM »
The time you had a fire, do you remember if you were making them at home by any chance?

Not at home... in Granite Falls on the outdoor grill.  :)

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2015, 09:25:25 AM »
One of my sims had a fire at home on the outdoor grill while making a potion. I can't remember what level she was -- fairly high, because I was surprised.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2015, 11:01:44 AM »
I wanted to update this thread and say that I've done herbalism a fair amount recently, and haven't seen the fires.  Maybe the chance of them has been lowered.

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2015, 12:17:43 PM »
I wanted to update this thread and say that I've done herbalism a fair amount recently, and haven't seen the fires.  Maybe the chance of them has been lowered.

I think so too! And it's the same for mixology. At level 9 they used to set the bar on fire. But it seems a thing of the past now.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Re: Herbalism and fires
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2016, 03:38:40 PM »
I've never had a fire doing an herbal remedy.  In Granite Falls, my main Sim family rents Lakeside Retreat, which has a better stove and grill.  At home, they have the §13,000 unbreakable stove, and they have the best bar (unlocked chef bar).  The cheapest stove always used to start cooking fires.  The first time, the family had to wait an entire generation to get a new (cheap) stove and counter top.

If you have that new GrillZone grill (by GrillMania) from Perfect Patio Stuff, then, maybe that will help with reducing fires.  I always put brick under something that can cause fires.

However, doing the Freelance Botanist aspiration will give them Naturalist as a Reward Trait, which will make them fireproof.  They put out fires instantly,  the blurb says.

Before that, my sim family had issues at the campfire.  They kept getting burned --- especially James Polk (all of the women in my main Sim family marry former presidents) --- almost every time he went near the campfire, he would get burned.  Taking a shower and/or using the soothing skin balm both take away a burn.

anything