Author Topic: Scientist Guide Suggestions  (Read 1952 times)

Offline Palpaleos

• Nooboo
Scientist Guide Suggestions
« on: April 04, 2015, 11:09:59 AM »
Traits: Genius & Bookworm

Aspirations: Two choices Nerd Brain is good but The Curator is equally good since you have to collect ingredients for inventions and serums. Minus frogs which are always fun to collect anyways.

Rewards: Speedy Reader, You can get Breakthroughs from reading books, this increases the speed at which you read them!

Plants: There are clay pots with plants on the lot, you should tend to these once in a while if your going to use them or risk them dying.

Also nothing was mentioned about Collection days.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: Scientist Guide Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 01:12:45 PM »
@Palpaleos Took me a while to get to where I was ready to edit, but am finally working on some improvements here and there. I did some editing of Scientist just now and made sure to incorporate most of what you said. Thanks for taking the time to write me and the valuable suggestions :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 04:34:46 AM »
In the science career, when you 'praise work ethic' on your co-workers it gives them a promotion. I'm not sure how many interactions it takes. As your co-workers move up the career ladder they become better at completing the tasks you give them. (They also come to work in the corresponding career level uniform as they progress through the levels.) Eventually they can invent things reliably. Any invention or item from an analysis they complete successfully, goes into your sims inventory where you can use it or sell it etc. It's quite a cool work interaction and becomes quite handy.

Also the trait 'Geek' is pretty handy as it allows your sim to make better finds when out there collecting etc and pairs up well if you select a Nature aspiration to get the bonus trait 'Collector'.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 02:52:38 PM »
@Playalot I didn't notice you were given the items and kind of thought it was just to get to boss people around. It was the first I did and was expecting to see something similar in all the Careers. That's absolutely awesome, given the potential for rares. Scientist is hands down the most rewarding. I'll definitely add this.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 09:47:59 AM »
By the way I also notice that by joining scientist you can straight up analyze plant to improve their quality even without gardening skills at level 5. All normal sims have to raise their gardening skill first in order to analyze plants to get better quality. The quality improvement can only be done once though and to order to improve further you need to plant it and repeat the process until you reach Perfect quality. While not exactly time saver, you at least didn't have to bother with fertilizing anymore. However, i sometimes notice a bug that make a group of fruit to be analyzed together.

For example, i harvest 10 strawberry and sometimes it gives me 6 and 4 different batches of strawberry in the machine. So instead of having 10 chances to improve plant quality, you actually got only two chances if you wait too long to harvest the plants.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 02:28:20 PM »
Man, the Scientist is almost OP. Just too many great benefits to using it, and probably even more to be found! I will get that into the guide soon, along with the bit about ordering coworkers around. It sounds to me like I should put it in gardening too :P

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 06:58:59 PM »
Traits: Genius & Bookworm

Aspirations: Two choices Nerd Brain is good but The Curator is equally good since you have to collect ingredients for inventions and serums. Minus frogs which are always fun to collect anyways.

Rewards: Speedy Reader, You can get Breakthroughs from reading books, this increases the speed at which you read them!

Plants: There are clay pots with plants on the lot, you should tend to these once in a while if your going to use them or risk them dying.

Also nothing was mentioned about Collection days.

I disagree on some of the list here and I will list my counter opinion.

Traits :

#Genius is fitting for a scientist no doubt but is not really that necessary since my testing has proven that moods while working actively didn't matter on the jobs. If you really so inclined to be focused on the job, making several focused painting / create image from plant sample is enough.

#Bookworm is helpful if you only want to discover something via books. The benefits is clear that you could have fun while doing it while non bookworm didn't get extra fun. However after tinker traits is unlocked, it is better to use it on any electronics since at least you only need 2 full queues at max to discover the two inventions necessary for promotion.

Reward:
#Speed reader. See my points at bookworm trait, also I am still unsure if speed reader do increase the speed of the bulbs to make new discoveries.

Aspirations:
No comment on this one, but yes it is helpful to get The Curator since at the jobs you can spam request for crystal and metal for all your coworkers minus receptionist.

Plants:
Agreed. On lower level, make sure to water it if you have spare time. At higher level just make your co workers to do it for you

Collection day:
The easiest to accomplish this is to collect one plants that almost always yield 10 crops. If you desperately need metals / crystal your coworkers could provide it to you.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline lain105

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 09:19:30 PM »
When I cloned my sim, her clone had the same traits _plus_ two additional ones: Mean and Evil. I'm assuming because she was an evil clone? :P
Another non player sim I cloned also came out evil and mean. It's worth noting I recall both these instances had the red "fail" glow on clone.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2015, 02:50:10 AM »
Another thought: if you regularly order your co-workers to work on the rocket ship they basically build it for you. Seems obvious but thought it was worth mentioning.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2015, 10:01:00 AM »
@dodi90 I agree, with those findings it's not as helpful to be focused in any of those careers. I'd rather just be happy. Did some general editing of Scientist. Ordering co-workers around, the recommended traits (went with Geek and/or Good/Cheerful as a buffer against negative moods), Curator as an Aspiration because of the collectibles on the lot and the ability to do order co-workers. Also put the possibility that a clone come out evil in there :)

I don't think taking permanent traits to get breakthroughs is worth it, since you are going to inevitably get those and I've not had a hard time coming up with a breakthrough at any point.