Author Topic: Questions about Posting Stories  (Read 2572 times)

Offline FluffyMao

• Llama Wrangler
    • The Mayfields
Questions about Posting Stories
« on: April 24, 2015, 01:15:37 PM »
Okay, I'm new, I don't know if this is the right place for this, but it seemed the only one that fit.
So...I just registered, mainly because I've lurking and reading a lot and wanted to finally share my own sims 3 story.  But the registration agreement said some stuff that has me worried.  One was spelling and grammar, I'm usually fine with that (for the most part :P), but the story I want to post is written from the perspective of someone with a southern accent.  Misspelled words abound since I wrote them to sound like how she would say them. Can I still post my story unedited?
Also, the no discussion of piracy...one of my characters is a hacker, would I not be able to write about them talking about hacking and pirating stuff? Or is that just a warning "hey, don't talk about illegal copies of Sims 3"?
Thank you in advance.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: Questions about Posting Stories
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 03:44:48 PM »
Welcome to the forum! And to our little community of writers.

Need to make a character sound Southern? Go for it, but my advice is always to find a good balance so that it's still accessible and readable while getting the gist of their speech through. ESPECIALLY for a story entirely from their perspective. But the rules about grammar apply to regular posts more than for stories; there are plenty of excuses for "bad grammar" in stories, but not so much for carrying yourself as a forum member.

The rules against discussion of hacking and piracy are really only for real life matters. So you can't tell people where to download real Sims games for free, but there's nothing wrong with a character bragging about hacking into city records or torrenting the newest expansion pack for The Humans 4. :P
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FluffyMao

• Llama Wrangler
    • The Mayfields
Re: Questions about Posting Stories
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 04:52:50 PM »
Awesome! Thank you so much! I've been on pins wondering if I'll be able to post my story! So much excitement!