Author Topic: Creating a child between two existing sims  (Read 8849 times)

Offline lahaygood

• Llama Wrangler
Creating a child between two existing sims
« on: April 30, 2015, 08:24:48 AM »
hi,
I just watched a video where two existing sims (from the gallery) were used when creating a child so as to preview the genetic combination.   I went into CAS from manage household where sim #1 lives; however, I cannot see how to use the genetic tool to bring in my sims from the gallery.  please send me a link for tutorial or some step-by-step instructions.  thanks!  the video I saw was here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzgcFccWXdY
Have a Sims kinda day! 
hugs & smiles,
Annie

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: Creating a child between two existing sims
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 08:45:04 AM »
On the bottom left of your CAS screen there is a "Add a Sim" button.  Click on that and you have a choice of:
Play with Genetics
Add Alien (get to work xpac)
Add Sim from the Gallery
Add New Sim

If your household is full (8 members), then you won't see that "Add a Sim" button.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 09:00:57 AM »
First, you'll need to save the Sim that lives in that house to the gallery.  You can do this through a mirror or dresser.  Next, you will need to create a new game and from there you can follow the steps that Nutella already said.  Once you're done with that you can still go back to your old game if you want.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 09:07:12 AM »
Saving to the gallery is optional.

I was able to add a child sim to any household without first saving them to gallery.  You don't need to start a new game either, you can pull up any old game choose any household you want to play with genetics - enter manage household CAS screen and add.

If you don't like who you added, you can always go back to manage household CAS and remove the child - send him/her to another household and you will have your old household back.  I know that's mean, sending a child away.  :-[

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 09:22:36 AM »
Nutella's way is faster than what I said and a good way to do it unless you're playing by rules that wouldn't allow that in your current game.  I just tried it that way and you can X out the child after randomizing them if you just wanted to look, and didn't want to actually create the child. 

Offline lahaygood

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 01:11:41 PM »
thanks bunches! 
LA
Have a Sims kinda day! 
hugs & smiles,
Annie

anything