Author Topic: Easter Eggs Still Available?  (Read 5952 times)

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
Easter Eggs Still Available?
« on: May 03, 2015, 08:56:29 AM »
So, when Easter Eggs were introduced, they were set up as an "April Only" collection. However, it's May 3rd where I am, and I am still receiving Easter Eggs in my game. I have a few ideas on why:

• The reason the eggs are still around is simply because the game hasn't been patched since April
  • The sim gurus have decided to just keep them in for one reason or another
  • My game still allows me to collect them because I'm playing on a file created in April

Is any one else still getting Easter Eggs, or have a theory why I am?

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
Re: Easter Eggs Still Available?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 09:20:05 AM »
Yes, the Easter eggs are still available, and I think it's because there hasn't been a patch this month yet.  They have released signs that there is one coming soon.  My guess is Monday PST. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 10:29:51 AM »
Yes, I figured as much. Hopefully the next patch will be soon- not because I have anything against Easter eggs, just because i'm always up for some fixes.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 10:21:23 PM »
I also believe they wouldn't remove the eggs file completely in the game and only make it hidden. It won't be fun for people who do decorate their house with those eggs only to find if removed after the patch.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 11:25:19 PM »
I would be surprised if they removed the Easter Eggs from the game completely in the patch. (Intentionally, at least.) Mostly I was surprised I was still obtaining new ones.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 05:04:26 AM »
They just removed the ability to obtain new ones from the may patch. If you still want the eggs in case you miss those, you can still access them all using cheats.

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2015, 08:02:23 PM »
How do I access the Easter eggs using cheats?

I took a few months off from playing, and it is REALLY annoying me to have a black, unattainable collection in my list.

Thanks!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2015, 08:16:49 PM »
Probably the bb.showhiddenobjects cheat.

However, I would be surprised if simply buying the eggs gives credit on the collection.  I think they had to be 'found' for the collection.  But I could be wrong.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2015, 09:23:50 PM »
I haven't noticed if you can buy the eggs or not but if you can that should work to complete the collection. I know it works with other items like fossils, aliens and gems. I've bought those and place them on the ground and go back to live mode and have a sim pick them and it counts as being found.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2015, 09:30:46 PM »
You can buy the eggs in buydebug mode.

Offline cassims

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2015, 02:45:38 AM »
To complete the Easter egg collection you just need to take all the eggs from the hidden objects in their respective colours and place them on your lot and then drag them into your inventory. I have just finished the collection this way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It always seems impossible until its done.
-Nelson Mandela

Offline WickedSimmer87

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2015, 07:43:33 AM »
If cheating isnt wanted, ModTheSims got a mod that places the eggs into collection again :)

-> http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=561501

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2015, 11:29:40 AM »
If you want to be technical the a mod is actually cheating. But on the whole I would rather use a mod. It just feels less cheaty.
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline WickedSimmer87

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2015, 12:19:38 PM »
If you want to be technical the a mod is actually cheating. But on the whole I would rather use a mod. It just feels less cheaty.

Really depends on how the mod works :) The one i linked to, just added the eggs back into the looting table from plants, rock ect.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2015, 12:57:48 PM »
Cool XD I had to take out all my mods and cc cuz my stupid game wouldn't load with them in! Now I have to try remember which ones I had and where I got them so I can get updated versions! I'm sure the cc is probably safe but I can never tell which is the cc and which is the mod (as you can see, I'm a tech genius lol)... I'm debating getting the Get to School mod but I can see myself getting bored with following my kids to school quite easily lol, I'm already bored with my scientist and she's only level 5!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

anything