Author Topic: Game freezes when returning from traveling.  (Read 1204 times)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Game freezes when returning from traveling.
« on: May 21, 2015, 04:33:03 PM »
Everytime I take my sims anywhere, when I try and return, game freezes and have to go to task manager.  Really is irritating when you have a sim  in retail and a sim that you follow to work.  I have tried taking out mods folder, emptying cache and repairing the game.  Any ideas.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Game freezes when returning from traveling.
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 04:36:02 PM »
I had that problem when a few of the stacks of fruit were 99+ in one of my sims inventory. I sold a few until the stack was at about 80 or so and then the freezing stopped. Maybe that will work for you.

*edited I've just had a look around on the forums, apparently even having a lot of items in an inventory will cause issues. Maybe clear out your sims inventory as much as possible.

Also I did a factory reset a while ago and it made my game run like new! That also might be worth considering.

Here's some tips from Mrs Flynn
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 04:39:47 PM »
I've been having a lot of trouble traveling recently with one of my Sims that knows a lot of Sims, and I think it's because I didn't realize that my laptop doesn't have a good enough graphics card.  Could this be your problem too?

Either way, clearing your cache helps, as does traveling while not in either the tab with your Sims' relationships, or the inventory tab.  I created a topic in technical support about my problems recently, and MrsFlynn posted a long list of other suggestions.  In case you want to read it, here's the thread:  http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,23697.0.html

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 06:15:31 PM »
this is an original family I started when I got the game.  It has multiple generations and I would imagine a lot of stuff is in one of their inventories.  thanks for mentioning and will try the suggestions.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

anything