Author Topic: Can I pick up a Sim?  (Read 7007 times)

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Can I pick up a Sim?
« on: May 27, 2015, 07:23:44 AM »
I'm not sure if I'm missing something or it's just not possible. In previous games, we were able to pick up sims and move them around. Can we do this in TS4? I'm playing around trying to set up a photo and want to move my sim away from something and place her somewhere else. Woulld really like to hear that we can, and how to lol
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
Re: Can I pick up a Sim?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 08:38:25 AM »
I don't think you can, unfortunately. The closest you can get is putting objects over/on them so they're forced to move slightly. Otherwise, your best bet is turning off free will.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 08:40:10 AM »
I remember being able to do that with MOO.  Have not really tried it in sims4.  I usually turn off AI for a short time and then tell them where to go if I am trying to take a picture.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 06:05:34 PM »
Thanks guys. I did try MOO but it didn't work. I think I recall someone mentioning that you couldn't pick up sims, but I was hoping that I was either wrong in that memory or that it had changed. Oh well, if I can't move my sim to the wall, guess the wall will have to be moved to the sim!
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 12:43:37 AM »
arghhh, that didn't go to plan. I wanted a shot of my Sim with a tool in her hand near a wall, so I got her using the woodworking table. The idea was to move the table away and build a wall near her once she was in the correct position, but as soon as you move the table away from here, she reverts to standing up straight with nothing in her hand. Time to rethink this shot lol