Author Topic: Sims sit down at the Dining table before queued actions  (Read 2871 times)

Offline Mack

• Llama Wrangler
  • Don't fret, or you will miss the fun.
Sims sit down at the Dining table before queued actions
« on: June 01, 2015, 10:28:06 AM »
I am not sure if this is a little glitz, bug or something else. I just queued some action (put books away, take out trash and go to the bathroom). My Sims picked up a book, sat at the dining table, got up and put the book away. As there was three other books laying around the house, she did the same "sitting act" for each book. She did not do it for taking out the trash, nor going to the bathroom. At another time, she did it when she was cleaning up the dirty dishes.

As anyone experienced this with their Sims? Should I repair the game or do something else? Thanks for any suggestions.
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift; that's why it's called a present.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Sims sits down at the Dinning table before queued actions
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 10:41:49 AM »
I've not noticed my sims doing this, but I'm not surprised; they move around more than the TS3 sims. Is she a bookworm? That might explain it. If there are other sims around, she might be sitting at the dining table to talk to them. I'm not sure that "repair game" will help with this, but you can try it.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Steellace

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 10:50:51 AM »
This happens whenever you tell a sim to put away toys as well.  They will pick up the toy, sit down somewhere (usually a table), then go put the toy away.  I've not noticed it much with books and dishes, but I often drag those things to where they belong myself.  They don't do it for any other activities that I've noticed.  It doesn't matter if there are other sims around or not (although sitting to talk would make some sense).  I believe it's just a bug as it reminds me a lot of when the kids had to do extra sitting actions at the art table.  I've repaired the game for other reasons, and doing so didn't impact this action.  I've also had it happen just the same with and without mods.  I keep hoping one of the patches fixes it.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 10:56:09 AM »
I've seen other people mention having this same issue on the official forum.  I never saw anyone come up with a direct solution.  In my own games I just drag the books into the bookshelves, so I don't have any experience with this kind of thing.

Dellena

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 11:54:21 AM »
This is a reported bug which affects sims with various interactions.

Here's the link to the official bug forum post:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Put-away-a-plate-gt-sits-down-stands-up-goes-to-fridge-Sims-puts/m-p/4560388#U4560388

Please click on the Me Too in the first post and feel free to post interactions you've noticed with this behaviour.

Offline TheGoat

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 08:25:34 PM »
I've only seen this with books, and it's been consistent every time a book is sitting on the table. I don't see it happen if books are sitting in other random places.

I honestly never even thought of it as a bug. I just thought of it as a quirk, like how if you queue up reading a book while a sim is using the bathroom, he will get up to get the book and then sit down and finish his business.  :P

anything