Author Topic: Cupcake Factory  (Read 5242 times)

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
Cupcake Factory
« on: June 05, 2015, 05:38:19 AM »
I was playing a game, and realized that sometimes the value of the goods that my Sim baked using the cupcake factory were below those listed in the guide.  At first I thought it was because of marketable, but then Nutella suggested that maybe the values in the guide were out of date.  I decided to test this theory on a Sim without marketable, and found that my values were different than the guide values.  This could be due to patches, or it could be other reasons.  I found that there is some random variation for anything made by the cupcake factory even without the marketable trait, and that the skill level of the Sim matters.  I think that the values for the chart before were all gotten at skill level 10, but if your Sim is at a lower level this can make a big difference.

I went through and tested the values for both cupcakes and baked goods, testing everything twice and coming up with an average.  I tested both at the minimum level required to make the good (the first number), and at level 10 (the second number).  All ingredients used for the baked goods were normal quality.  I found that if I was at the minimum required level to make a baked good and it took ingredients, it initially made good quality, which was undesirable and also not possible to sell.  I had my Sim garnish the good up to excellent quality, but I think the sell value was still based on good quality, since it always sold for less than expected for excellent quality.  The quality was always initially excellent if the good required ingredients, but my Sim was above the minimum level required to make it.  The italicized values are ones that were initially good quality, but garnished to excellent.

Here are the values I got.  All of these values were gotten using the sell to bakery interaction.

Baking

Plain Muffins 12, 28
Doughnut Holes 11.5, 27.5
Plain Doughnuts 10, 30

Cream Tarts    18, 38
Glazed Doghnuts 15.5, 34
Powdered Doughnuts 15.5, 37

Fruit Tarts 12.5, 49.5
Fruit Muffins 13, 45

Exotic Fruit Tarts 21, 67
Chocolate Doughnuts 38, 63
Mixed Fruit Tarts 20, 66

Jelly Filled Doughnuts 33, 83.5
Cream Filled Doughnuts 60, 76.5 
Plain Scones 56, 82

Fruit Scones 48.5, 115.5
Salmon Croquettes 99, 121.5

Soft Shell Crab Cakes 135.5, 153
Profiteroles 117, 159.5
Croissants 118.5, 148.5

Chocolate Biscotti 211.5, 222

Bacon Wrapped Doughnuts 313, 321
Cereal Topped Doughnuts 304, 316
Creme Brulee 291, 311
Berry Macaroons 270.5, 291.5
Voodoo Doll Doughnuts 277, 335

Eclairs 510.5
Alien Fruit Tarts 281

Cupcakes

classic vanilla 4, 8.5
Minty Mocha 5, 11.5
Carrot Cake Cupcakes 12, 22
Butterscotchman 24.5, 44
Strawberry Fizzy 42, 57.5
Red Velvet 66.5, 77
Super Chocolate Tummers Bomb 132, 150
The Baconing 251, 256

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: Cupcake Factory
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 06:05:43 AM »
Maybe it's the sell to bakery interaction itself, but I thank you for the notice and detailed post. I will look into it and add these values to the table if applicable :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 06:47:08 AM »
Now I'm starving.  Thanks  ;) lol

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 10:44:36 AM »
Yes the values are all out of date.  When I first provided the values, "Get to work" was just release for a day.  After many patches, don't know what EA did but everything changes.  I hate EA.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 12:22:54 PM »
Yes the values are all out of date.  When I first provided the values, "Get to work" was just release for a day.  After many patches, don't know what EA did but everything changes.  I hate EA.
I've found a lot of the information from the guides very useful.  I'm glad that you and all of the guide writers have made them.

Dellena

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2015, 12:42:32 PM »
Everyone is human and mistakes or omissions happen.  My best suggestion is that if we find a change in a patch that isn't reported, we let EA know through various channels.  They're active on Twitter and there's the Official Bug forum.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2015, 01:18:52 PM »
@ClayMask @Carl

I just found out why you are reporting different values.  In my original post, the values are all 25% retail stock "sell" value, you can see my post here:
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,23268.msg407778.html#msg407778

Carl put up the values on the guide, but probably forgot to include the 25% retail store price markup part in the page.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2015, 05:18:21 PM »
Yep,  looks like you're right. I put retail value for all the table headers, and even noted on the other two cooking pages that it's at 25% markup but neglected to put that value in the paragraph which is inevitably going to confuse. Sorry for the wasted time, and thank you for finding an explanation, Nutella! I will make sure this is above all sections that list retail prices.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2015, 05:21:01 PM »
Thanks.  I didn't even know what you meant by retail value in the table, and that it would be a higher value than I would see at home.  I thought retail value just meant the amount of money one would get selling it, without any additional markup.  I think it would be great if you could also add that there is some variance in the values, and that the values are a lot lower for a low level cooking a low level recipe than a high level cooking the same low level recipe, both at excellent quality.  It appears the original values are for a level 10 making the recipe.