Author Topic: Caloric Value of Foods Question  (Read 45734 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Caloric Value of Foods Question
« on: June 08, 2015, 04:38:48 PM »
Hi guys!  I know there is a list of SOME of the foods and their caloric value and the guide has a list of foods dollar value.  Is there a list of the caloric value of the baked goods you can make with the cupcake maker and has the caloric value of other foods been updated?  My chef can make several not on the current list.  I'm technically challenged so this is not something I could do.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline dodi90

• Occult
Re: Caloric Value of Foods Question
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 04:46:35 PM »
 :-\ yeah I would love to know more about the caloric value of items here in sims 4. Although I think no matter how much calorie you consume, your sim would still get fat after some progression of time without exercising. Some foods definitely hasten the rate like sweets but for the main food it's kinda hard to tell.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 05:30:39 PM »

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 05:46:15 PM »
It sounded like Joria had already seen this list, but I'll paste it in for Dodi.  It was originally reported here by ReubenHood.  Unfortunately, I haven't seen any that include the newer foods, but maybe someone will make one.

Ambrosia, 0
Apple Pie, 450
Asparagus Proscuitto Wrapped, 100
Baked Alaska, 500
Bananas Foster, 600
Blackened Bass, 0
Black and White Cookie, 200
BLT, 300
BowlFork, 500
Cake Black and White, 500
Cake Hamburger, 500
Cake Signature, 500
Cake Wedding, 500
Cake White, 500
Casserole Taco, 200
Casserole Tuna, 200
Cereal, 120
Chicken Kiev, 300
Chicken Stir Fry, 250
Chili, 325
Chips, 200
Cioppino, 341
Cookie Chocolate Chip, 250
Cookie Heart, 250
Crepe Sweet, 300
Cupcake Butterscotchman, 300
Cupcake Carrot Cake, 300
Cupcake Classic Vanilla, 300
Cupcake Minty Mocha, 300
Cupcake Multi, 0
Cupcake Red Velvet, 300
Cupcake Strawberry Fizzy, 300
Cupcake Super Chocolate Bomb, 300
Cupcake The Baconing, 300
Eggs Toast, 333
Etouffee Chicken, 300
Fish and Chips, 0
Fish Tacos, 0
French Toast, 200
Frittata Spinach, 480
Garden Salad Rummaged, 50
Garden Saled, 50
Gnocchi Butternut, 300
Grilled Cheese, 300
Grilled Chicken, 0
Grilled Salmon, 0
Grilled Steak, 0
Gummy Bear Pancake, 200
Hamburger, 350
Hot Dog, 350
Lobster Thermidor, 800
Mac N Cheese Rummaged, 200
Mac N Cheese, 200
Meuniere Trout, 565
Microwave Dinner, 500
Noodles Garlic, 330
Oatmeal Rummaged, 166
Oatmeal, 166
Omelet, 425
Pancake, 200
Pan Fried Tilapia, 0
Parfait, 290
Pasta Primavera, 251
Pizza, 500
PlateFork, 0
Porkchop, 300
Posole, 300
Potatoes Au Gratin, 323
Protein Plate, 250
Rack of Lamb, 306
Ravioli Mushroom, 100
Salad Caprese, 330
Salad Cobb, 419
Salad Fruid, 70
Salad Nicoise, 410
Salad Potato, 357
Salad Waldorf, 271
Salmon Herb Crusted, 260
Salmon Poached, 133
Saltimbocca Chicken, 300
Salt Pepper Shrimp, 75
Sandwich Monte Cristo, 600
Sandwich Tuna Melt, 300
Sausage N Beans, 200
Scrambled Egg, 155
Short Ribs Braised, 500
Soup Chicken Noodle, 87
Spaghetti Flaming, 300
Spaghetti, 300
Swordfish Blackened, 410
Tortellini Lobster, 300
Truffles Choclate Ganache, 400
Yogurt, 79

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 06:17:51 PM »
Thank you for giving me this. However I still wonder if it can keep up to date with current patches? They also added few new foods now. I also found it weird that all fish and grilled foods (minus cheese obviously) give 0 calories. I guess I will have my sims eat only Lobster Tortellini from now on as it seems the lowest calories food that give +3 happy from food.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2015, 06:26:49 PM »
This list is pretty old actually, but I haven't seen anything that makes me think the values have changed.  The new foods aren't on the list.

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2015, 09:40:20 PM »
No wonder my Sims get fat, I have them finish off the leftover cake after parties.  I had no idea the food had different calories.  Thank you for the information.
Cynthia

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2015, 04:00:59 AM »
Thanks for reposting the list and yes, it is the one I had seen.  ReubenHood  had to go into the game code/files to find the info out, something I would not be able to do.  He stated it might be different from American names as I think there was some translating going on.  There are newer foods now and it would be great to find a tech savvy Simmer who could figure out the other values.  I guess it doesn't really matter in the long run.  I just hate having to throw out the pixel food my chef cooks and am tired of feeding fish tacos to my household.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2015, 04:25:27 AM »
I agree, since most sims games that I play is one sim household it doesn't really matter but I can imagine the chaos if you have full family. Now could someone figure out how much calories does each exercise burn? Like Sit up, jogging or using treadmill?

Dellena

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2015, 05:16:48 AM »
I keep my sims fairly slim through low calorie breakfasts, exercise and eating dinner when they're nearly in the orange on the hunger need.

Breakfast: Yogurt and Emotion appropriate tea
Lunch: none (usually at school or work)
Dinner: I vary this meal because I like fixing all the different foods.

If your sim has the Active trait, you'll want to be giving them exercise at least every other day anyway.  If their work hours allow it, I send them for a jog first thing in the morning.  Otherwise, a jog in the evening can be a cheap method of exercise.  If you have the money for it, I'd build a pool and use the Swim Laps interaction.  Not only does it exercise the sim and build the fitness skill but it also raises the fun need.  Win, win!

If you're playing with Autonomous Full, then your sims could be eating when they're not really that hungry which will pile on the pounds.  I, personally, play with it off.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2015, 05:57:14 AM »
In usually play with 8 sims and full autonomy on. Even though most of my sims max home style and gourmet cooking I only let them eat fish tacos and they never put on weight. I usually make the male sims work out and occasionally the women but even with no fitness at all if they are eating zero calorie foods from RuebenHood's list then there is no weight gain. It doesn't bother me that they eat the same thing all the time and I often make them eat even when their needs are less than half way down as I like the moodlet that you get from a well cared for sim. I actually really dislike the active trait as I find maxing fitness easy and so all that trait does is throw out the odd tense moodlet from not enough exercise, which bugs me. I think you're better off choosing the Body Builder Aspiration for the High Metabolism Bonus Trait, you can always change the aspiration as soon as you start playing.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2015, 11:07:33 AM »
True but for but since I always want to be the best for my sim, I will always feel guilty when they can't have nice things in their life therefore i always give them the high level gourmet cooking. For me personally the fat problem didn't bother me a lot since I can always make them exercise. I always took good care of my sim so giving them the best in their life is a must so for me giving them cheap fish everyday when they can eat Trout Meuniere instead feels wrong to me. Add in the fact that I almost always give my sim foodie trait for extra +1 boost for good food so for me eating fish is out of option. This is also mainly why I don't play many generations since I dislike to go extra length to keep my sims fit.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2015, 02:56:02 PM »
Yes that +1 is a handy boost if you play single sim households. You must be very nice to your sims.  :) I really don't care what mine eat as long as they stay the size I orginally made them. I get bored very quickly if I don't play at least 6 or more sims. I think it's the chaos that keeps me going! I also can't be bothered with the baking skill or the cupcake factory. Anything to do with food in general isn't interesting to me. That's what so cool about TS, everyone can play it exactly as they most like to. I did play a sim with the foodie trait the other week but the animations of being 'excited' about food etc annoyed me lol. I think that's why I was so pleased when RuebenHood put this list together ages ago as it meant that by eating zeros calorie foods, my sims never had to waste time exercising as they would never change body shape.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2015, 10:47:09 PM »
Yeah my first sims is always a chef since I was used to the way the original Sims work, Basically without any Sim that can cook, the family just can't keep going. I tried pizza ordering back in the day but I remember it just didn't give as much as cooked meal. And yeah because of the first one too, I never dared to try big family again since at that game mood drop pretty fast at all.

Yeah on a side note, I'm very nice with my sim since I always took care of them as my own. I maybe only one of the few that almost never intentionally tried to kill my sim in the game unless I want to try to be a ghost. Since I have mastered gourmet cooking anyway, it just feel weird to keep feeding them fish just to keep fit for me.

On other side note again, foodie trait is annoying sure, but after you can provide at least gourmet cooking food at lvl 4, you will enjoy +3 happy buff and that become +4 after lvl 7+ recipes.I love a consistent bonus trait rather than the randomized impeccable one so I prefer make my normal chef a foodie rather than try for unreliable +4 moodlet. I know in the end happy is no different but i do like the shiny moodlet :P

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2019, 10:18:17 PM »
Carl has a guide now on this subject: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/tutorials/calories.php#cmtx_form

It contains an up dated calorie content table with Recipe Name, Calories, Hunger Regeneration and Food Efficiency

Also a video guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STPuuDrZFgg

anything