Author Topic: The Sims 2 Castaway for The Sims 4 ?  (Read 5271 times)

Offline R00T13

• Nooboo
The Sims 2 Castaway for The Sims 4 ?
« on: June 14, 2015, 11:42:49 AM »
I would love to again play Castaway it was an awesome Sims game. It was buggy. But still awesome. What do you guys think? Maybe multiplayer??? :o

Share your thoughts!

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: The Sims 2 Castaway for The Sims 4 ?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 01:32:13 PM »
Welcome to the Forum :) I had never even heard of this game until now, but see it got good reviews. Castaway stories, I was familiar with but never played. This would be absolutely wonderful with the new engine and the gameplay elements that already exist, though I can't see aspirations being a big part of it. I can imagine the need to manage your Sim's morale to avoid getting too sad and finding ways to lift them up. Emotions would be excellent for a game like that, as opposed to a simple mood bar. It would make a good mod for 4, but not sure if they have the ability to convert the whole game like that.

I'm currently playing a game called don't starve, in which you are expected to die once in a while because of the difficulty of surviving in a very harsh world. You actually get XP from losing the game, which unlocks other characters. There is no end, but the survival aspect is fun and every game is different.

This is being relocated to Other Sims Games. We don't normally speculate about unconfirmed Sims titles here, but this might enlighten some other people to the existence of these games.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline R00T13

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 03:08:14 AM »
I saw Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together but It kinda did nothing to make me play it....

Also... Both Sims 2 Castaway and Sims Medieval were standalone games... So they don't have to hold hands with regular Sims rules...

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 12:04:43 PM »
This takes me back! I didn't have The Sims 2 that time, but I played Castaway and Sim2 pets on PS2. I really enjoyed it. Making your own dress, making your own furniture, homes made of bamboo. It was awesome! ;D

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 11:28:15 AM »
Personally I think TS2 Castaway is a great game.  I wasn't aware of the game until a few years ago and I found a like new copy on eBay for $8.00 and I've spent many happy, absorbed  hours with it.

It is more linear but it does have a sandbox mode.

Offline BotanicGarden

• Nooboo
    • Kat's Sims Buzz -- Stories and More!
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2016, 03:30:15 PM »
That would be great, but not multiplayer.
Never again.
I'm going to waste my time on here soon enough.

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2016, 11:42:51 AM »
That would be great, but not multiplayer.
Never again.
Why not multiplayer, it would be great if done right. GTA online is awseome, but the other titles are great as singleplayer. The Sims series needs a seperate online game, that's not linked with facebook. The Sims social was good, except a player had to pay for a lot of stuff. If The Sims ever did have a online game let's hope there is Sim hours, instead of real-time. The Sims 4 castaway would be awesome, I play a game called stranded deep, in it your a airplane crash survivor, you have to eat, drink and sleep, and hope for rescue. I'd love a more comedic angle with The Sims, it would be and sounds like great fun. 
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2016, 12:34:51 PM »
Sims 2 Castaway is a great game.  I liked all of the different things you could make.  It was hard to completely furnish a home because of the item limit.  Too many items = Fire!   LOL