Author Topic: Selling to local bakery *Solved*  (Read 35533 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Selling to local bakery *Solved*
« on: June 14, 2015, 04:35:01 PM »
My Master Chef cannot sell her Cupcake Factory or other baked goods to locals.  Does she have to be at a certain level of Baking to do this?  Strangely, another household member was able to sell ONE item, cream puffs, but my baker couldn't.  He could not sell any other baked items.

What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline dodi90

• Occult
Re: Selling to local bakery
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 04:45:49 PM »
I'm sure baking skill is not the condition to unlock the Sell to Local Bakery interaction. Since I manage to sell all baked goods while leveling the painfully slow skill to the top. Although I do remember having this exact problem in my more recent play. Haven't really dabble in Baking lately.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 05:47:15 PM »
I think you have to make cupcakes on the Cupcake Factory, which builds cooking skill, to get the interaction "Sell to Local Bakery." That came with the base game, not GTW.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 05:52:39 PM »
Are the baked goods excellent+ quality?  They can't be sold unless they are.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Selling to local bakery/ Solved
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015, 09:06:18 PM »
Thanks for everyone's input.  Sell to Local Bakery seems to be for the Cupcake factory only.  This does not seem to increase the baking skill, or if it does it is extremely slow.  To increase baking skill you have to choose, "Bake".  Even baking a cake from "Cook" or "Gourmet Cooking" doesn't seem to increase the baking skill, at least not at a noticeable rate.

My Sim is a level 10 Master Chef and 10 in Gourmet Cooking as well but only a level 6 in Baking.  So perhaps when she gets to level 10 she'll have the sell ability with regular baked items.  She's also level 9 in her Chef's career so all her food comes out excellent.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline dodi90

• Occult
Re: Selling to local bakery *Solved*
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 06:06:19 AM »
Yes Baking could only be increased if you use Bake interaction regardless if it from oven or cupcake machine. If you make like say SimCity Cheesecake, even though it is obviusly cake, it won't raise baking skill. It also worth mentioning that Baking skill still level way too slow because of bug making inspired didn't affect the learning rate (however it still improve the baked goods quality).

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
Re: Selling to local bakery *Solved*
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 04:18:31 AM »
Since this is a discussion about the baking skill, which is a skill that only comes with Get to Work, I'm going to move it to the Get to Work board for easy reference.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.