Author Topic: Comprehensive Paintings List  (Read 315205 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Comprehensive Paintings List
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2015, 02:47:29 PM »
@officialghosts, I went to look at the paintings, but none of them in your posts are showing up.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2015, 03:03:52 PM »
@MarianT Yes, I just looked. Apparently they're no longer uploaded to the gallery? I'm not sure how that happened, but I'll get to reuploading them right away.

If there's a specific one you're looking for, I'd be happy to upload those first.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2015, 03:24:01 PM »
Thanks! They're showing up now. Yes, I wanted to look at one. I thought it might have come with Get Together as it was a seascape.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2015, 03:35:44 PM »
Ok, I've finished uploading them all. I even put in the one painting that was missing from the small pop art collection.

And @MarianT, if you're looking for a painting from Get Together, I don't have it, as I only got the expansion today (thanks again, Carl and MrsFlynn!) and haven't yet had time to explore it. If you don't see it above, it probably is new though. If there are new paintings, they will be added to the list... eventually.   ::)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2015, 04:14:32 PM »
Ok, I've finished uploading them all. I even put in the one painting that was missing from the small pop art collection.

And @MarianT, if you're looking for a painting from Get Together, I don't have it, as I only got the expansion today (thanks again, Carl and MrsFlynn!) and haven't yet had time to explore it. If you don't see it above, it probably is new though. If there are new paintings, they will be added to the list... eventually.   ::)

I don't know that any came with Get Together. The one that I'd never seen before is included in your collection. :)

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2016, 09:29:05 PM »
Does anyone know how many Grilled Cheese paintings there are? 

My sim has painted two so far.  I was hoping there might be 8 for her Immortal Dynasty collection.

Offline Neanerath

• Nooboo
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2016, 06:32:32 AM »
Thanks for the painting list, I've been trying to get all of them for quite some time now. You did miss one painting though. Large Surrealism Painting:

Ooh, I just read all the posts, I guess that might be the painting from expansion or something.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sophitell

• Nooboo
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2017, 06:15:33 PM »
You also missed this one in small pop art paintings. ::)

Offline PrplGrl3

• Nooboo
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2020, 07:32:40 AM »
Hey, this is really awesome that you've put this collection together, really helped me out whenever I want specific paintings in Sims 4. I did discover another 3 that aren't listed here, really easy to miss ones, though - these ones are from Landscaping. But, still, great job on this art collection, amazing that you've even found so many, and put it into a collection for people :)

Would be really handy, though, if there was a section mentioning at what specific levels each of these paintings are unlocked, in the painting skill, so you'd know which paintings to look out for, as you level up. Because, after doing extensive research into this, I've found that, the higher you level up in the painting skill, the harder it is to get the specific painting you want, because each painting only becomes unlocked at a specific level in the painting skill, and when you hit max level in painting, your chances of getting the the exact painting you want becomes MUCH harder, because 1. You now have a much bigger variety of paintings that have been unlocked, and 2. The paintings are selected at random every time you place a new canvas on the easel, you don't get to choose what painting you are working on. No matter how many times I tried to get specific paintings (and I tried this for days, with no success), I wasn't able to get a lot of lower level ones, because my sim was too high level in the painting skill, and had missed them; I mean, they were still possible to get, I'm sure, but my sim was never able to get them, because, at that high level, there was too big a variety of paintings at that time, making it near impossible to get the lower level ones. But when I cheated my sim's painting level back to 1 and tried again, I had a much better chance of getting the lower level paintings, my sim got them all. The best thing to do, if you're going for a specific painting, is to go for that painting at the level where it is first unlocked, that will give you a much easier chance of getting it, because there is a less variety of paintings at lower levels.

When your sim first starts painting, and you see what painting he/she has done (there's a shortcut to this, where you can actually see what they're painting before they've finished or even started working on it, which I'll explain in a moment) it's a good idea to note down what painting level your sim is at that moment, so that you can remember this info if you want to go for that painting again, for any other households. Anyway, the shortcut is: place a canvas on the easel to paint, quickly hit pause as soon as soon as your sim places the canvas on the easel, say 'scrap painting,' (just a temporary command that you don't have to go through with), then look at the commands on the far left; the 'scrap painting' command you gave to your sim will show the picture of the painting your sim is working on at the moment. You don't have to go through with the 'scap painting' command, though, if you want to keep the painting, just cancel the command and hit play again :)

P.S. All 3 of the Landscaping paintings below were unlocked at level 4 of the painting career. Maybe these didn't show up in the list because they're part of an expansion, idk.

Offline ICanHazSims

• Nooboo
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2020, 09:50:38 AM »
You also forgot a small impressionistic painting of a cat and a dog wearing strawhats

Offline Mrs Yak

• Nooboo
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2020, 10:09:17 AM »
What about the figure paintings?

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2021, 11:57:08 AM »
Looks like we lost the good part of this thread. The owner may have removed the images and there is nothing I can do to recover them (that I'm aware of).