Author Topic: Forum Advertising Disabled for Members  (Read 2530 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Forum Advertising Disabled for Members
« on: June 16, 2015, 12:29:48 PM »
Advertising has been disabled for all Forum members, not only those who reach 5 posts. I have gradually lowered the bar from 25 to 5 posts, but think it is a safe time to make this decision. People who are already registered are more likely to want to contribute to discussions. I want to encourage this and thus I've removed the bar all together. I think that anyone who is a regular here deserves this. If you've been lurking a while, take this as your cue to register and disable them.

This site is approaching 6 years old, and the Forum is special to me because of how far we've come together as a community. Given issues with ads playing sound and the struggle I have had with watching the guide for them, I want to ensure our Forum regulars do not have a problem. Enjoy it for what it is without any distractions.  ;)

On the guide front, later today I'll have a summary of what's included in the Perfect Patio Stuff Pack. We also have a big building section in the works that will help some of us get our Sims out of boxes and into proper homes.

Dellena

Re: Forum Advertising Disabled for Members
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 12:41:14 PM »
Thanks, Carl!  I'm sure this will be much appreciated by many and, as you said, an incentive for lurkers to come out and be unafraid to join in.  We don't bite...much. :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 03:04:30 PM »
Oh, that is quite a relief. Recently I have been getting huge banner ads that make it difficult to view the forum on my phone. Thanks, Carl  8)
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 03:13:42 PM »
@Nettlejuice is this when you're not logged in? Not much I can do about that one. Thing is, you shouldn't have ads when logged in since you are were over the post count requirement

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 03:16:26 PM »
@Carl Nope, I was logged in and had the same problem. It must be my phone, it doesn't happen on my old one.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 03:55:54 PM »
Yeah it seriously sounds like something's up there, because I double checked and they probably aren't coming from us. I have the ads feature of tapatalk turned off so that people don't see ads, even if you are using that on mobile in order to view the forum.. so I'm a little perplexed as to how that is happening!

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 11:00:51 PM »
I get adds on my phone too, so I think it's the phone pulling the adds not the forum.. but I am actually technically challenged, so it's only a guess!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2015, 05:06:44 PM »
@KTK10 Using tapatalk on your phone, or not?

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2015, 10:42:29 PM »
 @Carl - No, that's why I think it's the phone and not something you can control

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2015, 09:17:34 AM »
Thanks a lot. The way I have ads set up here I'm forced to see them, but that's a good thing as I need to know if they're being slowed down.. so I wouldn't really know if ads ever made it through on a regular member's account without testing it often.

Offline wkoziol

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2017, 06:50:36 PM »
Hey Carl thanks for the no forums adds gift.  I greatly appreciate it.  Also, I wish you and your family very well and hopefully you all have a most joyous holidays.

anything