Author Topic: More Choices in Conversation  (Read 4959 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
More Choices in Conversation
« on: June 28, 2015, 03:27:53 PM »
This might be something that everyone else knows, but I only recently discovered it after playing Sims 4 for 1000 hours.

When you first click on a person to start a conversation, you get a circle of choices, generally from "Friendly" and perhaps "Mischief" and "Funny" categories:

If you click on "More Choices," you get the menu of types of interactions:

Clicking on "Friendly" brings up a new circle of choices, all of which are friendly:

I had always assumed that if I clicked on "More Choices" at this point, I would be directed back to the menu of types of interactions. But I recently discovered that clicking on "More Choices," brought up more friendly choices, and that I could keep clicking until I'd seen all of them. I've found this very helpful when playing as a scientist, where you often have to perform one specific interaction to meet the requirement. It's also useful for dates. If you don't get "Kiss" when you click on the Romance section, you can keep going through the options until it turns up.

As I said, maybe everyone else already knew this, but I've found the game less frustrating now that I've learned it.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: More Choices in Conversation
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 05:23:12 PM »
Thanks. I think this is because of them changing the menu option. They brought up these recommended socials when you click a Sim, and you have to click to get the normal menu. I should probably mention it on tips, because some people are probably irritated by this more than anything. You can change the setting back to the traditional social menu in the gameplay options :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: More Choices in Conversation
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 09:57:44 AM »
If you shift-leftclick on the sim (instead of just left click), you get the "menu of types of interactions" - similar to when you click more choices.  You get to skip one step of clicking.  I know clicking twice is not a big deal, but I find it annoying.  :o

anything