Author Topic: Photography question  (Read 2743 times)

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
Photography question
« on: June 27, 2015, 12:31:33 AM »
Alright I've got a question based on info that may be incorrect, so correct me if I'm wrong. 

First off, is it true that photographs have an emotional aura, and that it's based on what mood the sim if in when they take it?

And if the answer to that is yes, can you do energized auras?  You can't paint them, so if you can get a high level energized aura from photography it would be super handy.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Photography question
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 01:04:01 AM »
Alright I've got a question based on info that may be incorrect, so correct me if I'm wrong. 

First off, is it true that photographs have an emotional aura, and that it's based on what mood the sim if in when they take it?

Yes, but the auras are quite weak compared to paintings and are the same as the subject sim's mood at the time of having the photo taken. Moods that I've captured so far are playful, flirty, focused and confident. Energized doesn't seem to be possible and even a +6 aura does not match up to the strength of a +6 painting.

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 10:36:12 AM »
Sadly keeping Energized also will lose relevance once your sim is maxed out in fitness. If you only want to keep fit, a brisk shower and jogging is actually more than enough for your sim. I just wish in the future we get more reason to stay Energized since cleaning faster and slower sleep decay could be achieved with Aspiration Rewards

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 11:16:02 AM »
One of the painting styles does give an energized aura, though, doesn't it? Abstract maybe? I suppose that isn't much help, though, since you need to level up your painting skill before you can even make one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 03:00:37 PM »
One of the painting styles does give an energized aura, though, doesn't it? Abstract maybe? I suppose that isn't much help, though, since you need to level up your painting skill before you can even make one.

There are no paintings that give off an energized aura unfortunately. One of the easiest ways to get very energized is simply to place crystals around your home gym. Least that way your sim stays energized while they work out and once they are finished and they move out of the crystals 'zone' they go back to just happy or whatever.

Like dodi90 said being energized does slow the decay rate of sleep so sometimes a brisk shower/cup of coffee/ or being 'fired up' by another sim can be handy.

Still, it would have been nice to have been able to capture an energized sim's mood by using the camera. I'm not sure whether something has changed in the strength of the aura with the photographs but you do need quite a lot of them to even get a small mood buff, unlike paintings.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 05:03:25 PM »
Hmm. I was wrong about the paintings. I had a situation awhile ago where my Sims were all getting inexplicably energized by "energizing decor" in an otherwise playful room. I moved a large Impressionist masterpiece out of the room and everything returned to normal. I'm not sure why I was so convinced the painting was energizing, but I went so far as to move it to the gym room. I went back into that file to check, though, and it definitely gives off no aura except to boost the environment.
Just wanted to set the record straight, and sorry for any confusion!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 09:01:22 PM »
@FrancescaFiori , that's ok. Often aura's seem to be 'wrong' for a room. I've found that repairing my game usually sorts out those issues.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2015, 01:24:16 AM »
Also, check for items that give off a weak aura... I had a coffee maker in my inspired kitchen, and because it had a +2 energized aura active every so often my sim would drop out of inspired and go into energetic even though the inspired aura was much stronger.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2015, 05:54:58 AM »
Correct if i'm wrong but shouldn't the coffee maker give you confident instead? The only +2 Buff Energized from coffee that i can think off is by drinking said coffee that is upgreaded with Infuser.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2015, 06:14:44 AM »
The Coffee maker you get from tech guru gives off an energized aura constantly.  It's not listed on the item, but it does give off a very weak energized aura.  They may have removed that aura since I last used it, EA did a bunch of item tweaking early on when Sims 4 was released. 

For example, the In Full Bloom Centerpiece reward from a gold wedding used to have a "happy" aura on it that worked like any emotional aura except that it gave happy moodlets.  They removed that unfortunately, it was really quite handy.  The other wedding reward item, the pillar with flowers on it, still has the happy aura if you want to check it out... sadly it's too weak to be of any real use.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2015, 09:05:28 PM »
Btw I was wrong about the coffee maker unlocked from both culinary and tech guru did not give Confident Aura anymore (I believe it used to give pretty weak Confident Aura before) the decorated buff might make an object seem to give a Happy Aura because currently the Icon looks the same leading people to think that the Happy Aura exist that could be stacked with decorated buff. As a hint, an object that could give any aura at all should have an interaction to switch the Aura On / off on said objects however weak it is. And to make matter worse the source of both Aura and Decoration is like : "Good Environments" for emotional and "Environment" for decorated buff.

anything