Author Topic: Wellness in Spa Day  (Read 3385 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Wellness in Spa Day
« on: July 14, 2015, 08:29:04 PM »
Here's a guide to Wellness in Spa Day. I've got a bit more work to do on it. That meditation doesn't always do as expected, and confusing aspects of how it handles moodlets is going to take some time to figure out. Other things, I'm pretty confident about. I may have missed some things about the recipes you unlock. I'd love feedback, and as much as possible :)

Details on massage will end up on the Spa Day gateway, as that is where it makes most sense. I've already begun recording those things and will have it out tomorrow. People visiting the spa who don't even care about the skill will want to know all the moodlets to get the most value out of their Simoleons.

The Skill is quite good, and I think most of my Sims would at least dabble in it for the Yoga benefits. Sims who are artsy or into things like logic and rocket science will benefit heavily from the long moodlets, as will athletes (of course). It could be good for collectors as well given the powers of teleportation.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Wellness in Spa Day
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 09:35:45 PM »
Great job knocking that out so quickly, Carl. Well done. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 10:26:33 PM »
What Metro said. It's impressive how much stuff you've completed for this pack in only half a day. Thanks for all the hard work! :)

Wellness seems like an incredibly fun skill, and also like it has a variety of strategic/gameplay uses.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 10:50:58 PM »
Wow! Ditto! That's really impressive Carl.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

hazysmith

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 02:00:28 AM »
That's a great guide Carl, good effort! Looking forward to trying out the wellness skill.  :)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 03:37:05 AM »
I dabbled a tiny bit, then went to check the guide.  WOW!  Carl, you are amazing.  Thanks so much.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2015, 07:01:05 PM »
I appreciate all the kind words, and look forward to finding out what I messed up from going so fast. I woke up wondering why I was so tired, was wanting to investigate all the massages and aromatherapies. Take a nap and find I'm sick. Could use an actual sauna right now!

I forgot to mention that I'd originally set my Sim to max body fat and he came out ripped and trim after all that yoga. So there's a side benefit in that it will easily keep Sims fit and happy. Meant to put a before/after on the page. It's as effective as treadmills for that, and if I'm wrong at least you can get a better variety of moodlets from it..

I guess some of the moodlets take a while to kick in, but I'll be starting my Sims day with yoga and or a massage and the long durations will make up for the time spent. Massages are way better, but hey we can use both.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2015, 12:19:29 PM »
Thank goodness for modern medicine. Got back to work today and am really happy to say that I got all the info on massages and the socials from Wellness into the guide. Something big here is that you can use the special socials to bestow particularly powerful moodlets - like 8h +2 Happy, just from a social! So give a Sim a stone massage then move on to a foot massage, and a little pep talk with 'Offer Mental Relaxation Techniques' and they'll be very happy in no time. Really good stuff.

It's almost like they heard some of us preaching that moodlets don't last long enough and gave us some really good options to keep Sims' emotions a bit more predictable. This pack is an incredible value, and the amount of content is surprising. Look to the updated Wellness and Spa Day pages to see what I'm talking about. It's just amazing the amount of moodlets.

I'm not about Spas, but had a lot of hopes for this one for these very reason. That you can use everything at home is wonderful. Wellness is maybe the best utility skill in the game for challenge players, if/when it's allowed in those :)

Your thoughts/opinions on this skill?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2015, 06:20:35 PM »
I love the socials, the one that gives a focused moodlet is fantastic to use when you're out fishing with at least two sims. They both use that social on each other, chug down a Clear Mind Distillation, eat a fruit and are very focused and primed for fishing. I've also found out that doing a yoga routine at the higher levels giving the focused (or whatever) moodlet for 8 hours is super helpful so taking a yoga mat everywhere with your sim is really a must. The Sports Massage with the 12h energized moodlet is probably my fav for my gym going sims, mix that up with an energy centering yoga class and the Gym Rat trait and your sims is set to work out at very energized for hours. It's great.
This Game Pack has opened up so many different ways of getting your sim into the right emotion and keeping them there for a decent amount of time. It's added a lot to my game and I'm so pleased I bought it.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2015, 06:26:41 PM »
Discovered that during meditation your sim can teleport to the hidden lots. My sim has unlocked these both already but still very handy.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2015, 08:32:32 AM »
By the way you forget to mention that incense help with Yoga, Massage and new Bath soaks. For both Yoga and Massage the incense give +1 extra boost while for bath soaks they give extra +4h duration.

anything