Author Topic: Meditation  (Read 2556 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Meditation
« on: July 20, 2015, 02:29:54 PM »
So, in investigating meditation, I've learned that the needs freeze is totally random and a very low chance. Not to be relied upon. If it happens at the beginning of a meditation session, it will persist for quite some time and possibly until stopped. It doesn't seem to ever kick in mid-session.

When this occurs, moodlets will also stay. You can tell if this is in effect by watching a positive moodlet that would normally be decaying. If the duration goes up, their needs are likely in a reduced decay state (needs testing) if the moodlet now states no duration, they are in a perfect state and needs will not decay. The  Sim is zen and leaving the world and its troubles behind, so when they have finished they are in the same state they were before, minus any negative moodlets which decay normally.

So I guess I can say that this doesn't have a major impact on gameplay as I'd hoped. I've been doing tests and find the need decay chance is probably at or around 10%, given that I've had about 30 tries and only seen 3 successful freezes.

Offline Hadron1776

• Nooboo
Re: Meditation
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 02:15:40 PM »
It turns out the chance involved with the need freeze is due to a bug in the game, as it's supposed to be linked to your sim's wellness skill (based on the tuning files).
From my experience, though, you can ensure the need freeze by making sure your wellness level plus all skill modifiers add up to ten, exactly. (don't go over). Keep in mind that being Very Happy gives +2 to effective skill level for all skills, being Happy gives +1 and the ideal mood for the skill is Focused, with Very Focused boosting your effective wellness level by 3.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything