Author Topic: Ghosts  (Read 1469 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Ghosts
« on: July 22, 2015, 08:45:39 AM »
This one shouldn't be announced given it's old news, but I finally made that long-overdue ghosts guide  :-X Here it is. I know I may have missed an ability or two, based upon the numerous death types. For a couple I had to search forums in order to figure it out, particularly the cow plant one. I got the negative to work, but don't see a positive boost to plants. I suppose there shouldn't be one, but maybe someone knows about this.

My Sims were very bad about getting the aura from the ghosts who died emotional deaths, it seems to trigger less often than, say, Genius' focused boost. Strangely, all my ghosts triggered at the same time when they finally did  :o  If there's anything else I did not mention about ghosts, do let me know and you have my thanks in advance.

Edit: Oh yes, the List of Types of Death is also updated, and I moved the ambrosia/book of life info over to the ghosts guide to better organize things.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
Re: Ghosts
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 09:11:09 AM »
Carl, in case players don't know they should realize that in the current state of the game ghosts will be culled and they can be left with empty urns and vacant graves. I found out about this after spending quite a bit of time building a recreation of the Goth house and adding a family plot into the landscaping. 

A lot of people are using a no culling mod but I haven't tried it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 09:39:37 AM »
Dang, I have to learn more on this, hadn't heard of it. I was having trouble getting the Ask to Move In Social to work as well. I know that's how it's supposed to work, but they were stuck at impartial and I think that was actually preventing it. So, I need to come back to this after some sleep and learn about this culling issue and also mention the problem with impartial and that it may necessitate cheating to get them to join. For now, I do have the cheat there.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 09:46:55 AM »
I did some quick reading and would rather get the word out immediately, since plenty of people will see that today. I linked to the mod within the text and gave it its own header, thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 10:14:52 AM »
Not a problem.  I'm glad I could help.  If you did reading you probably know that it can also be a problem in live relationships.  If you spend time cultivating friendships for friends or romantic interests the object of your attention may or may not be there at a future point.

From everything I've read the developers feel that the culling is working as it's supposed to.  I hate to disagree with them but to me it's game breaking. So far they have been rather quiet about it. 

anything