Author Topic: Immortal?  (Read 4053 times)

Offline R00T13

• Nooboo
Immortal?
« on: July 24, 2015, 03:57:30 PM »
I know that Sims 3 used Life Fruit for lowering age for a Sim. But what about Sims 4? Only way I know is with Cheating in a ghost trait... Is it the only option?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Immortal?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 04:46:11 PM »
Welcome to the Forum, ROOT13!

There are several ways to extend life in the Sims 4. You can make ambrosia (instructions can be found in the Guide) or use the Potion of Youth, one of the rewards. Completing the Body Builder aspiration will give your sim a longer life on becoming an elder, and if you have Get to Work, your scientist can make an anti-aging potion. Drinking milk from the cow plant adds some extra time, and one of your household members can give the Grim Reaper a death flower on your behalf. Your household members can also plead with him for more time.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline WickedSimmer87

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 07:14:15 PM »
Greetings!

If you dont mind using mods, without it being overpowered, then check out this link (from the modthesims website)  ;D

-> http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=546211

You still have to earn (tons of) points to buy these  ::)

Offline R00T13

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 03:05:13 AM »
Thanks, I'll try the non-moded way first and If anything goes wrong I know Mod The Sims has a mod for resetting the age. I hope EA ads something like Life Fruit.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 10:35:02 PM »
If cheating's on the table, you can also go into CAS with the cas.fulleditmode cheat and reset their age to young adult. Life extension seems to mainly revolve around getting satisfaction and buying the potion before you age up, in order to retain youth.

Info on this and many other topics is really spread out in the guide. I'd been thinking of doing things like this, so threw together a page on Making Sims Live Forever which combines info from various guides. I hope to do more of these, but will have to come up with ideas. Don't think there's anything new here for you, but personally I do not think it's too hard to get 1500 satisfaction to repeatedly buy the Potions of Youth.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2015, 02:31:07 AM »
Just be careful using CAS to reset your sims age to a younger stage as your sim will lose all their hard won aspiration reward traits. Currently there is no known way to cheat these back as the aspirations stay completed... just minus their reward traits.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2015, 03:38:34 AM »
I'm removing that one entirely, in that case. Obviously I had not heard or seen it happen. It's really not a good way given the points cheat, so it can just go :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline meubanks

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2016, 09:47:02 PM »
Welcome to the Forum, ROOT13!

There are several ways to extend life in the Sims 4. You can make ambrosia (instructions can be found in the Guide) or use the Potion of Youth, one of the rewards. Completing the Body Builder aspiration will give your sim a longer life on becoming an elder, and if you have Get to Work, your scientist can make an anti-aging potion. Drinking milk from the cow plant adds some extra time, and one of your household members can give the Grim Reaper a death flower on your behalf. Your household members can also plead with him for more time.
I think potion of youth is one of the ingredients for ambrosia. If you just want to extend life there isn't any benefit to go through the extra steps to make it. Ambrosia will bring back a ghost if they eat it though.

Offline meubanks

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2016, 10:15:25 PM »
You can turn aging off if you want to, but then no Sims will die.

A few additions to the comments here. Scientists from GTW can use the cloning machine to make unlimited copies of Potion of youth and/or the scientist life serum (forget the actual name. too lazy to look up atm). Ghosts are a form of semi-immortality. They don't age anymore, and they can do anything a Sim can do accept have children. Depending on your goals, just moving a dead Sim's ghost into the household can be good enough. Scientist can also use an upgraded cloning machine to clone a Sim. Not quite immortality, and a failed attempt can produce an "evil twin" with different traits. But a successfully copied Sim has all traits, including reward and aspiration traits of the original. They don't have the skills, job promotions, relationships etc of the original and they start with a randomized name. The original Sim also lives on.

Also, the cow plant has to kill another Sim in order to extend life, so it's not the option for everyone.

Pregnancy will extend life by a few days in some cases, because Sims won't age up autonomously while they are preggers (it might still be possible to go from YA to adult with a cake. Never tested it so I don't know).

With the life extending potions, wait until the Sim's birthday to use them so that you maximize their effect. Their life bar will turn "glowey" when they are a few hours away from aging up autonomously. I usually wait until this happens to drink the potion of youth.

Offline WickedSimmer87

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2016, 05:50:17 AM »
So far, there is no "stop time" in aging, atleast not for every single individual sim. In my opinion, buying the "potion of youth", and get the cloning machine. Just clone the potion whenever you get the message of impending death, or birthday (if you want to keep sim at a certain lifestage)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2016, 02:16:52 PM »
So far, there is no "stop time" in aging, atleast not for every single individual sim. In my opinion, buying the "potion of youth", and get the cloning machine. Just clone the potion whenever you get the message of impending death, or birthday (if you want to keep sim at a certain lifestage)

Not quite sure what you mean @WickedSimmer87 as if you turn off aging for everyone in the menu then no one ages at all.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline meubanks

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2016, 08:01:21 PM »
So far there is no way to "turn back time" without CAS cheats though. Once a Sim passes an age threshold they can't regress to a younger one. There were ways to do it in TS3, so I'm speculating that we'll get a method at some point in an expansion. But speculating is the operative word.

Book of life is an amazing item apart from its immortality potential. When a live Sim reads his own it refills all of his need bars simultaneously. You keep them going 24/7 if you want to. It is one of the most powerful items in the game, and makes the Bestselling Author aspiration worth doing at least once per household. Off topic, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

anything