Author Topic: Age Extension and Immortality  (Read 1660 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Age Extension and Immortality
« on: July 26, 2015, 02:35:54 AM »
If you use CAS to make your sim younger any reward traits will be wiped but the aspirations stay completed which basically means the sim can't get those reward traits back by cheating. Unless you know of a cheat to remove completed aspirations? I haven't been able to find a cheat that does that yet. So anyway, the younger version of your sim still has the completed aspiration but just no reward traits anymore.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: Age Extension and Immortality
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 04:04:22 AM »
I saw your other post in that thread, and instead moved this down the list and issued a warning about using it. Thank you for ensuring I saw it :)

I doubt such a cheat exists, nor that it's worth the trouble to do that. If a person decides they're going to keep age down, they can just buy potions with a cheat if that's the consequence. I think getting 1500 satisfaction within 2 weeks is easy anyway, and you can certainly go well beyond that to be able to afford plenty of permanent rewards.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 04:13:10 AM »
I don't think you can buy the reward traits you get from completing an aspiration with satisfaction points. Or have I misunderstood your post? Once your sim has lost the (for example) Long Lived trait from completing the Body Builder aspiration by using CAS to go from an adult back down to a young adult that trait is lost for good.

I agree though that getting 1500 satisfaction points is easy and using the potion of youth to stay a certain age is easily done.  :)

*Edited... I've just realized that I needed to be clearer about which sort of traits get wiped... just the ones you get from completing aspirations, all the other ones stay.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 06:08:45 AM »
My wording was probably the problem. Just meant the CAS cheat is rather pointless to do given you can just get the potions of youth with the satisfaction points cheat. Heck you even avoid a loading screen.

That said, if a person really needs to change a Sim's age, and will lose reward traits, they can technically re-apply any that are lost by knowing the correct name as far as the game engine is concerned, using the traits.equip_trait cheat :) I believe TwistedMexi has all of them on his wiki. I'd just rather not see anyone put in that position over a cheat I proposed. It's definitely better to steer people away from that scenario.

I wish we could cheat and change age groups instantly, there is just setage to make a Sim an adult and I guess that is potentially buggy. I need to see what happens when you use it on an elder..

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2015, 02:42:48 PM »
"Heck you even avoid a loading screen." lol very true. I didn't know TwistedMexi's cheat actually so that's cool! I probably should play for a while using all the cheats out there just to see how they all work in-game etc. Could be interesting.  :)

I really wish there was a potion that reset your sims back to YA then you could play them all the way to elder before resetting them.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2015, 08:56:02 PM »
I agree, I'd rather that the potion cost 10x as much and simply reset age back to the beginning of YA. That mod maker is on to something with the two separate rewards, neither of which will actually let a Sim die of old age.

traits.equip_trait works wonderfully and is the basis for that ghosts cheat I shared the other day. Believe me, Twistedmexi's cheats were very handy when I needed to analyze all the ghost types. It's surprisingly challenging to stack enough moodlets to keep a Sim in the danger zone on playful or get them upset enough to enrage. There are cheats there to instantly make the Sim mortified and enraged, but nothing for hysteria.