Author Topic: custom music  (Read 1268 times)

Offline fivine

• Goofball
  • Townie
custom music
« on: August 09, 2015, 04:01:59 AM »
hello

did you reach to add your own custom music in-game?

i am copying mp3 files (not a link, copy/paste) with low bit-rates (<320) in the custom music folders in /my documents/(...)/custom music/(name of a channel)
The files appear in the game option choices (good news) but when i try to listen to them in this menu (for test) i only get silence and same in-game listening on a radio.

Is all this glitched or am I missing something again?

thank you for helping me

Offline dodi90

• Occult
Re: custom music
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 08:19:25 AM »
it was glitched and i think they already fixed this issue with a patch. If you still having this problem after installing this patch then try my own way to make mp3 music into the game. I use iTunes (it is free on windows) and set the preference for ripping cd format to be mp3 format. then i just choose any file on my library and right click and choose Make Mp3 version. so far using this conversion from itunes works even when the silent glitch occurs in the past.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline fivine

• Goofball
  • Townie
Re: custom music
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 02:42:51 PM »
 OK thanks for your answer.
I have already iTunes (i never use it but well my spouse has a Ipad...)
When i right-click on a mp3 file i don't get this option "make mp3" (It s already an mp3 but ok) only "play with...".

I stopped patching after GTW, waiting to buy next EP spa, i am always cautious with patches, if my game is running i am fine. (I didn't buy ITF for Sims3 and so stopped at the patch for IP, same)
So i will wait, thank you for your time