Author Topic: Basic Control Questions/PS3  (Read 4924 times)

jlroesner

Basic Control Questions/PS3
« on: November 10, 2010, 09:33:13 AM »
Hi!  I am new to Sims, so sorry if these are stupid questions.  Umm, I am playing on a PS3.  Does anyone know how to make that narrative on the upper right go away?  I can't see what my Sim is doing.  Also, is there any way to send your sim home other than going to the map?  I have a feeling there is probably an easier way, but I can't figure it out.  Thank you so much in advance.  :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Basic Control Questions/PS3
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 11:08:02 PM »
Welcome to our Forum!

On the PC version of Sims 3, there's a little arrow attached to your Sim's icon on the left of your screen.  Clicking on that arrow will send your Sim home.  And just curious...  did you check your instruction manual that came with the game?  I would think it would cover things like that.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

jlroesner

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 10:35:16 AM »
Hi Pam!  Thanks for the answer..  I have read the manual backwards and forwards and it tells a lot about how to achieve goals, but nothing that I could see about basic controls which I found odd.  I need something pretty basic.  IE:  Hit x to cancel an action, etc.  Thanks for the tip about returning home.  Unfortunately, that little symbol is nowhere to be found on the PS3 version...  Thanks again, Jen

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 11:17:23 AM »
Welcome to the forum.  Is there by some chance an options tab where you can go in and click to have those announcements go away?  I don't think too many of us have played the console yet, so we are not sure if some of the controls are the same or just how different it is.  Good luck though.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

jlroesner

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 11:25:25 AM »
Thanks, Saltypaws!  That's a great idea, I'll check it out.  Is there a way to make your Sim come back to life?  I was playing in the pool and well, it wasn't such a good idea after all!