Author Topic: Can't Place Roof  (Read 7832 times)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Can't Place Roof
« on: September 04, 2015, 09:01:24 PM »
Hi, I'm trying to remodel a house to add another bedroom and so removed the roof to do that. Now, no matter what I do, I cannot put another roof on. It does have a half wall/platform, whatever you call it between the 2nd floor and roof. Sorry, I'm not a builder so I don't know what it's called and I can't find where it is located in the build section. What baffles me is that the roof goes on the garage real nice as you can see in the last pic, just not any other part of the house. Here are some pics of it:  Any ideas? Thanks!

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Can't Place Roof
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 09:29:44 PM »
The bit between the the existing room and the roof is called a frieze. It's been a while, but I think you have to type in a cheat to enable the frieze and then you build a foundation up there.  Give me a few minutes and I'll open up my game and see if I can work it out. What house/neighbourhood is this?

**edit**  To enable the placement of friezes, open the cheat console and type ....  placefriezes on     Then select the foundation and place it on top of the new section. To turn it off type placefriezes off
I'm not sure though why you can't place the roof because the frieze shouldn't stop it. I just did a quick test and could place a roof on the higher section with a frieze and the lower section next to it without the frieze. The chimney shouldn't stop it either. Do you get some sort of message when you try to place the roof? Something like can't intersect with other objects? That's the only thing I can think of, that there is something in the way.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Re: Can't Place Roof
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 09:57:15 PM »
Hi Twinmum! Thanks for the cheat code. I'll try that. No, I don't get any kind of message at all. I don't get anything except no roof. Maybe I can try putting a new frieze in and see what happens.

Edit: i just tried a new frieze and the roof went on that one just fine. So maybe the old one got corrupted somehow.