Author Topic: Daycare bug?  (Read 1584 times)

Offline Junan

• Townie
Daycare bug?
« on: September 05, 2015, 02:47:14 PM »
OK, I encountered a random occurrence with my level 5 daycare provider woman sim. On a particular monday, a family of 5 toddlers with the Hall surname showed up. That's normal. However, the child that shows up after school is the part that I could see as a bug.

To go a little side-tracked, I originally created a family of surname "Tucklov", consisting of a married couple (Steven and Lisa) with two children, Michael and Alicia (Michael, however, is a half-brother to Alicia due to a mistake of mine).

Back on track, a boy called Jordan Tucklov showed up! Looking through the family tree, he appears in their family tree as Michael's and Alicia's half-brother and has the Evil, Artistic and Excitable traits. This is weird considering I didn't create him in CAS nor was he naturally born to the parents since the mother is an elder and his father has since died, plus he appeared on the same day that Hall family appeared.  He also appears several days in a row with different families. Unnatural coincidence or what?

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Re: Daycare bug?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 05:15:23 AM »
The game creates random toddlers and children to come to the daycare if there aren't enough already in town.  I've quite often noticed random townies with the same names as Sims I've created but have never worked out whether it's pure coincidence or whether the game stores names you've used so that it can create townies whose names fit in better with the Sims you're playing.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Junan

• Townie
Re: Daycare bug?
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 08:13:04 PM »
The game creates random toddlers and children to come to the daycare if there aren't enough already in town.

I already responded to this in the starter post with the "That's normal" line. This Jordan I mentioned is actually playable when I go to the elder's household in Edit Town.