Author Topic: Longest Lasting Moodlets?  (Read 5128 times)

Offline MegaTank

• Nooboo
Longest Lasting Moodlets?
« on: October 01, 2015, 12:49:32 PM »
I've been trying to look into the ways to get a Sim into their ideal mood for their entire work shift as most of the easiest to get ones only last for 4 hours or depend on the environment. I noticed the "practice a comedy routine" on the microphone gives an impressive 17h +1 Confident moodlet.

So I'm wondering if people know any other repeatable, reliable ways to get moodlets to grab before heading out the door to work. Try to separate them by game/expansion if possible (I noticed there are a fair few ways to get moods from the spa day set).

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Longest Lasting Moodlets?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 01:54:24 PM »
If you have the Spa Day Game Pack

Brain Boosting Yoga routine gives 8 hours of +1 Inspired moodlet
Mind Concentrating Yoga routine gives 8 hours of +1 Focused moodlet
Energy Centering Yoga routine gives 8 hours of +1 Energized moodlet

If you have Outdoor Retreat

Stargazing and Cloud Gazing both give 6 hours of +1 Inspired moodlet
Also, taking a vacation gives 2 days of a Happy moodlet (might be +2, I don't remember)

Witnessing the death of a family member gives 2 days of the Sad moodlet
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 03:22:40 PM »
The moodlet from renewing marital gives +3 happy for 2 days, and can be repeated up to every day if you have a wedding arch.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 04:34:57 PM »
Drinking the Essence of ...emotion... from a cow plant lasts 12 hours.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline DarkWalker

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 06:31:15 PM »
Spa Day is a treasure trove of long buffs.

The Bath with Soaks will give a +2 buff depending on which soak is used (Citrus: Focused, Lavender or the Milk and Honey: Happy, Muscle Relaxing: Energized, Rose Petals: Flirty on adults and Playful on kids). The buff is 8h normally, 12h if taken while the sim is under the effect of incense (which incense doesn't matter, it doesn't have to match the bath).

The massage table has some long duration buffs also, the longest is, I believe, a day long, and doing it while the sim is under the effect of incense doubles the effectiveness.

The Yoga buffs are +1, 8h normally, with the incense doubling the effectiveness to +2, but if the buff is the result of a Yoga class not only will the effectiveness be doubled as if the sim had incense, the duration will be increased to 12h too.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2015, 09:49:02 AM »
@DarkWalker just be careful with the incense. I always have it on next to the PC for my Tech Guru and Scientist and have never (touch wood) had a fire, but the one time i tried the soak and incense my Sim left the room after and the side table I had the incense on went up in (pun intended) smoke! Although, that was probably because it was left unattended.
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2015, 01:54:42 PM »
I agree on incense part. Always remember to extinguish it once you are done and just use it to prolong the massage / bath / yoga effect when the action are nearing the end to reduce risk of fire. Overall you shouldn't use incense to get correct moodlet in general skilling because the rate of fire is quite high indeed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2015, 10:59:50 PM »
I mostly use the incense to keep them in the right mood quickly, without having to do all the additional things that might take time away from skilling. But my favourite lon lasting moodlet has to be the ones from Yoga (although I've only used Focussing and inspiring so far)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2015, 12:16:19 PM »
Yeah incense is good for activities that is short like Cooking a meal but for like playing video games / practice hacking you are better of using bath with incense combo instead. Honestly I love spa day pack since it actually deters to use emotional decor. It is a delight that I can put my computer for programming and paint set in one room and without having to turn off / on the relevant decor aura.