Author Topic: Tips for Negotiate for Bonus?  (Read 16900 times)

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Tips for Negotiate for Bonus?
« on: November 01, 2015, 06:14:57 PM »
My Sim is at level 7 of the chef career. She has negotiated for bonus 3 times and it has failed twice. The first time was a failure so I made sure that on the second time I waited until her performance bar was a good bit past halfway, her needs were up, and she was inspired. It worked. I basically did the exact same thing the third time and it failed. Should she be confident rather than inspired? Is it just dumb luck that it failed twice?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Tips for Negotiate for Bonus?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 06:30:33 PM »
The more correct moodlets you can stack up before phoning the better. Make sure your sim as completed all requirements for the next promotion, has good needs and at least 12+ correct moodlets that way you stand a really good chance on succeeding every time.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 06:53:05 PM »
For me it seems to be luck, and not moodlet-dependent.  I normally make sure that my Sim is very confident anyway before calling, just in case it helps.  I've tried being in the correct mood for the job, and my results have not improved over being very confident.  I think my success rate is around 70%.  Hopefully Playalot's advice will work for you.  I'd give it a try.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 12:52:21 AM »
For me, try saving before asking for negotiate. if the attempt fail, you can just restart the game but make sure to do something else first (like moving a step) otherwise the randomizer still not on your favor. I think being confident help(it is a social interaction after all) since I rarely fail when I did this but also have found success even without being in relevant mood anyway. There is also a neat exploit for this where you can queue two negotiate for bonus and they both will fire after another.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 04:47:54 PM »
I've very rarely failed using the stacking correct moodlets for the career tip. In my dynasty, all 8 gens, I think I only failed about 4 times in total.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2015, 11:35:04 PM »
Unless it was proven that correct moodlet for career help with the success rate, we can really say for sure. I also always use ClayMask method of being very confident and also rarely fails the interaction. I like to think it more of a luck based rather than moodlet dependent

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2015, 10:39:04 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I decided to just press on without that "perk"! My Dynasty founder made it to the top of her career about 8 days before turning elder without it, so it worked out.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2015, 02:02:42 AM »
Glad your founder made it! Now for the next 7 gens!  ;)

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2015, 06:08:03 AM »
There is one drawback to the save and redo option given above: if you do that in a Dynasty or Legacy, its an automatic fail! You can't go back to a previous save without a valid reason for doing that and then only with permission from the Challenge Team, if it's one of the forum Dynasties. And I know for a fact that the Legacy doesn't allow for save and redo either, since the creator's own wife had to restart her legacy when something drastic occurred, without being able to go to a different save!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2015, 02:05:31 PM »
By the way, can we have separate forum section to post help or tips for Challenge/ Dynasty / Legacy? And if we can't it will also be helpful if the member needed help mention that they are currently in a challenge run so we can provide tips that did not break the challenge itself.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2015, 02:52:39 PM »
@dodi90

We do have a hints & tips section for immortal dynasty.
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,22197.0.html

Legacy, do we need one?  Legacy is not part of our forum's challenges.

Challenges, all the tips for these are in separate old challenges thread.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2015, 03:28:35 PM »
I just feel like, when I offer help on gameplay, I always give tips on normal playthrough where no restriction applies. It seems better if all question of some gameplay aspect that is used on any challenge (official from forum or not) only asked on approriate section.

Of course if you only need to gameplay mechanic on something you can always ask freely in here and I assume that the poster already familiar with the rule and know that save and reload trick is banned for this kind of challenge.

On topic. So far Tips for Negotiate success rate really depend on luck since I myself have failed even in the correct mood (if there is one) and sometimes also find success even when my sim is just happy or neutral. We can not say which one is more likely to succeed purely by observing gameplay since this interaction is limited once (twice if you use glitch) every two days.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2015, 04:38:02 PM »
I don't agree that it is only based on luck. I agree there is some sort of 'luck' element but as I have already posted I have used this over an eight generation dynasty and only failed about 4 times. I believe it is about completion of daily requirements and stacking up the correct emotional moodlets for the career. I don't know about confident as I only used the career related emotion and it worked time after time.  That HAS to be more than luck surely?

As for tips regarding dynasties challenges etc @dodi90 this section is for general game tips so you are absolutely right to post here. Any dynasty rules etc are clearly laid out in that particular section and there is always heaps of people around with challenge related help in that section.  :)

I guess it's just that most of us know who is doing a challenge or not etc because we read those sections too... and sometimes we get tripped up on all the little tips and tricks that are perfectly valid for casual play but lead straight to a 'fail' in a challenge!  ::)

Side issue... I have rotten success rate on hacking... I always fail at that even though I stack all the moodlets and have high skill. I just don't even bother trying to hack anymore.  Makes me wonder if traits play apart in both these interactions. *shrug*

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2015, 09:39:59 PM »
Sorry for getting all technical with the "save/reload" bit, it's just that some newbies might not realise that this section is for general gameplay and thus make a "fail" error. I will say that the save/reload is often a cure-all for many general gameplay mess ups and it tends to work quite beautifully for that :-) I know I used it a time or two myself to prevent an electrocution or 4, before I started playing Legacy style...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2015, 12:20:32 AM »
@Magpie2012  that was also totally fine to say. lol After all if you didn't know that it wasn't ok it was valuable info... and if you did know it was no biggie to read. :)