Author Topic: Snow Mod  (Read 8543 times)

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Snow Mod
« on: November 02, 2015, 09:49:51 AM »
For those who are curious, some enterprising Modder made a snow mod.  It doesn't actually cause snow like a weather expansion would, but it can give the appearance of it.  However, considering modders work alone, or in small times, I have to give kudos to this modder, especially with Christmas around the block.

Be aware the main site is in French:
http://www.simcookie.com/2015/11/01/les-sims-4-first-snow-mod/

Here is the Google Translate of it:

Here is an item on this mod:

I did not give a release date for now
This mod is intended primarily for people who play in neighborhoods like Newcrest and Willow Creek because Oasis Spring is a rather warmer world. But instead it will be a little changed also because the developers have used the same objects to the world.

Hello everyone I invite you to discover very soon a winter mod I would suggest for download on the site! Know that I have nothing at all to change the operation of the game. All the trees have been recolored, I also played with the layers (alpha) to give the trees as branches! This makes for some days that I am about this project, I have shared many pictures on twitter. But that changed a little between yesterday and today! I'm still working on it, but I'm looking forward to release it! In all cases a very big thank you to Zerbu for his help!

Here is an item on this mod:

*  All items could not be recolored (it's not for lack of trying)

*  It works like the autumn mod, it replaces the textures of trees and objects (in the neighborhood)

*  It will not snow in your game (am not competent enough to create such big things! Haha)

*  I made the snow mod for the basic game for now. I'll see later if I would do for Granite Falls Magnolia Promenade.

*  To play with the mod simply removing it from the mods folder, period!

*  I did not manage to alter routes for their particular texture of snow! If someone already found I am interested!

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: Snow Mod
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 02:17:49 PM »
Those shots are absolutely beautiful. As you said this is definitely timely, i can see snow falling here before too long (and look forward to it). This person obviously put a lot of time into it, and I'm glad we can give it some attention. I will definitely include it on my list of mods for the guide, then can direct people to this board to find more :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 12:19:34 PM »
Yeah, Greg is amazing! I follow him on Twitter and he has some of the best designs and things! I saw the first few images for this while he was busy with it and all I can say is WOW!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 03:41:30 PM »
And I know I will sound like a broken record by this point, but when given the freedom, modders can definitely enhance a game.  Of course, they can still cause inadvertent bugs, but I'm willing to tolerate it for good mods.

And don't get me wrong, I'm sure EA will do a Sims 4 Seasons expansion of some sort, but until then, I will take what I can get ;)

For anyone curious, there is also a Youtube trailer about the Snow Mod. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRE8m8BGcNI

Dellena

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 04:18:05 PM »
I think I'll have to get this for the upcoming Christmas season so the decorations look appropriate. :)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 05:38:15 PM »
Those screenshots and the video were amazing.  I guess I will also have to download it.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?