Author Topic: CC Links & Discussion  (Read 1380 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
CC Links & Discussion
« on: November 05, 2015, 01:00:32 PM »
Custom Content was once something we didn't want to link to, due to the possibility of adult content and that we are primarily a gameplay/support forum. The staff have discussed the situation and feel it's too challenging on members to wonder if it's OK to link to a site or not based on it having CC, and my own feelings on it are different than they were 6 years ago. Using CC is something many Simmers do, has been in the game since the Sims 1. It should be OK to talk about on a Sims Forum. These, along with mods, can really enhance the game for people who cannot afford expansions and even take it far beyond its base capability for those who can. I will be making a list of must-have mods very soon, because some really great stuff has come out since launch and Get to Work. I can't wait to see what these brilliant people make for The Sims 4 Get Together!

It is now OK to link to Custom Content and share those things that amazed you or made your Sim glamorous, but please (pretty please with sugar on top) do not link to something that contains adult content or one of the staff will have to deliver a warning, and we hate doing that.  :-X

The mega-sites are OK but link directly to the content you feel is safe. If you doubt it's a safe site for kids and adult material is a link away, you probably shouldn't - be sure that you would vouch for a site to a parent if you share it here. If it seems to offer quality content that does not break the game's T for Teen rating, then go right ahead. We know that young people are not ignorant but still prefer this place be family friendly.

I'll also invite CC authors to share their site here and give it some exposure, so long as their content adheres to these rules and plans to continue to into the future.

I'm sure some of you have wished we would do this for a time, while others were ambivalent or even totally in the dark!  :o Please do feel free to share these artists' work here :) As always, if you have trouble with a mod or piece of CC, you should talk to the creator. Also, back up your save games before installing mods, just in case!

Offline Ferretmania

• Occult
  • FerretmaniaDK on Origin
    • World Of Sims
Re: CC Links & Discussion
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 01:40:48 PM »
Thank you SO much for allowing this.

Being a heavy user of CC and mods all the way back from Sims 1 , I'm one of those who has had this wish for a long time.

I only live in real life when my sims need a break ;)

Raven's Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 01:46:47 PM »
Thanks for the feedback, I'd love to hear from others too :) Glad I could grant your wish and help you enjoy the site just a bit more, I am sure that you have plenty to share then!

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 12:08:30 PM »
Oh wow this is awesim! I relied heavily on CC in the previous iteration as more often then not I couldn't afford the store stuff and the hair that came with the game got old fast lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2015, 10:29:23 AM »
I used so much CC in Sims2 I almost broke my game and computer!  Literally thousands of downloads in use.  Lag was just a part of life.  In Sims3 I started to get a bit leery about it and never used it or mods.  Not even once.  Oh, I've been tempted when I see the gorgeous Sims and builds, but I refrained.  Now, while I love seeing it and am again sometimes tempted by what others have done, I really no longer know where to go or who could be trusted.  Opening this up is going to make it so much easier for me to once again dip my feet in the CC water.  Thanks, Carl.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2015, 03:19:45 AM »
@Joria I know, right?!? I ended up with all the expansions and stuff packs and store stuff AND CC in TS3 that I often wondered whether that was what was making my game so laggy... What was my solution? Well, more CC of course lol albeit in the form of Twallan's Nraas mods which saved my game on more than a million occasions! Like you, I am now way more leery of it, and as such, my TS4 game is virtually CC free. I had some but then one of the patches "broke" them and I just never bothered to get updated versions, rather keeping the game "clean". But I do love downloading off the Gallery!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*