Author Topic: Fairies in everyday life  (Read 2388 times)

Offline Junan

• Townie
Fairies in everyday life
« on: November 16, 2015, 11:18:38 AM »
This delves into multiple EPs, so I don't really know where it'll end up...

Anyway, I currently have a Genie who routinely cleans Sims and the house of dirty objects, but what does a fairy do to a similar degree? Aside from the auras (which strangely do not affect children), I see no benefit to having one around and the pranks can get boring after awhile.

If someone can tell me how a fairy routinely helps a household, maybe I'll keep one.

Offline SanBlasBobbie

• Nooboo
Re: Fairies in everyday life
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 03:50:20 PM »
Fairies already have the Green Thumb trait, and they can use Bloom to make plants progress to harvestable much more quickly, and also seems to increase its quality (from "Normal" to "Nice," and so forth), so if your family has a garden, the fairy can take care of it. If they are Handy, they can Fairy-fix broken items, which seems to take less time than using a regular repair. And the fairy-house is portable, so they can take it when adventuring in tombs; it's smaller than a tent so has more places it can be set; they complete the challenge and get the Ancient Coins and the higher Visa Level more quickly. But I believe gardening is the main advantage. I didn't know they can't cast auras on children - that's unfortunate. Can children ask for fairy dust? (I don't play kids, never have, except briefly in Sims 1.)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Junan

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 07:40:28 PM »
Fairies already have the Green Thumb trait, and they can use Bloom to make plants progress to harvestable much more quickly, and also seems to increase its quality (from "Normal" to "Nice," and so forth), so if your family has a garden, the fairy can take care of it.

That reminds me; I also use said Genie for summoning perfect food, so a garden for ingredients does not make any sense for me (Alchemy doesn't care for ingredient quality either).

If they are Handy, they can Fairy-fix broken items, which seems to take less time than using a regular repair.

I've noticed the "Fairy Repair" command can fail (but I don't know if it can electrocute the fairy since it failed on a toilet) and it seems the speed is tied to Handiness; I currently have a Plumbot to deal with repairs (Reassemble Components seems to be faster and has no risk).

And the fairy-house is portable, so they can take it when adventuring in tombs; it's smaller than a tent so has more places it can be set; they complete the challenge and get the Ancient Coins and the higher Visa Level more quickly.

I do admit a Fairy Castle is more effective than a Sleeping Bag (which the others have to carry) and that cancels hunger problems for the fairy as well.

Can children ask for fairy dust?

Sadly, I don't know about this; never checked for it.

Offline Sindocat

• Fairy Godfather
  • Townie
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 11:08:43 PM »
The auras are the big help. Body & Mind will help the fairy and other Sims nearby improve Charisma as well as Athletic and Logic - very useful for Politicians!

Also, Aura of Soothing is a very strong mood boost to everyone in range. Use it at parties!

I play artisically inclined Sims, so Creativity is a help to getting skills maxed to where paintings and music pay better.

One gets better at fairy powers in general by using auras, and I believe that Fairy Repair also improves as you use it more (though unlike Handiness cannot be used for upgrades).
"Who cannot draw upon three thousand years is living from hand to mouth." - Goethe