Author Topic: Sims 4 Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Tips  (Read 7906 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Sims 4 Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Tips
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2017, 11:13:40 AM »
Revisiting the Taste of Diet ice cream. You can't "call to meal," but if you put it in your Sim's inventory and travel to a community lot with the Sims that need to slim down, you can "grab a bowl together." Instant slimness for all! I wish it was that easy in real life.

This should also work on townies, which changes everything.

Definitely. Prospective spouses look a lot better without that pot belly.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2017, 01:09:29 PM »
@reggikko please give your son Dylan a huge hug and kiss on the cheek for me! I didn't even know that door lock thing was possible! Young brains for the win lol

With the ice cream, if you just leave it sitting in the fridge, will the sims gravitate to it the way they seem to do with all other ice cream flavours?
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2017, 03:02:18 PM »
@reggikko please give your son Dylan a huge hug and kiss on the cheek for me! I didn't even know that door lock thing was possible! Young brains for the win lol

With the ice cream, if you just leave it sitting in the fridge, will the sims gravitate to it the way they seem to do with all other ice cream flavours?

@Magpie2012

Some will, but not always the ones you want to!

Actually, Dylan is the creator of the original ISBI challenge for Sims 2, so he's young, but not that young. ;)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2017, 08:48:46 AM »
If anyone is concerned about keeping track of points, this is how I do it. (Paolo was one of my early test Sims.) I usually don't write quite so much down, but I didn't want people to have to figure out my abbreviations.

Point Total   Action                                                           Point Value
1                 Paolo has 1000 Satisfaction points                   1
2                 Paolo promoted to level 3 of job                      1
3                 Paolo reaches level 5 of Fitness                       1
4                 Paolo has 2000 Satisfaction points                   1
2                 Fire/Mitchell                                                   -2
3                 Paolo reaches level 6 of Fitness                       1
4                 Paolo has 3000 Satisfaction points                   1
5                 Paolo promoted to level 5                               1
6                 Mitchell promoted to level 2                            1
7                 Paolo reaches level 7 of Fitness                       1
8                 Paolo becomes Good friends w/Mariah             1
9                 Paolo has 4000 Satisfaction points                  1
10               Paolo has 5000 Satisfaction points                  1
Free day to end at 10:30 AM Wednesday
11               Gavin promoted to level 3 of job                    1
12               Mariah's grade goes up to B                          1
13               Zoe promoted to level 2 of job                      1

I never actually thanked you for sharing how you keep track of points after I asked about it in the main Challenge thread.
Your list has really helped me figure out what/whose activities earn points or not.

A very very belated thank you, @MarianT .
I can't believe a year has already passed since your post but it took me this long to be able to appreciate (and understand) it.  :D

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2017, 02:46:26 PM »
One of the things that helped me was gaining as many points as possible during the period where points aren't counted.  So in this case, before my founder moved in with her spouse. I bought as many moodlet solvers as possible and saved them since points are only deducted at the time they are bought and points aren't counted until they move in.  It was nice when she needed to meet her beau.

I also made her use vacation days since she was in the lower levels of her career and promotions would be easy points once she moved in.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2017, 05:26:02 PM »
Are you earning points faster than you'd like before your heir has even hit their teen birthday?
If your household can afford it, one way to postpone the next Free Day could be to hire NPCs.

I had two Free Days almost back-to-back which, in my particular case (right before the toddler-to-child birthday), was extremely unwelcome.
Since then, I've been hiring nannies (dismiss them as soon as they arrive) to avoid hitting the next 10 points for at least another week.

Offline LazyKatie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2018, 08:37:14 AM »
A good strategy early on to ensure there's always a potential spouse for your heirs is to move in a vampire and have them turn your favorite pre-mades on free days. Ideally get your controlled sim to at least vamp lore level 3 so you can buy plasma packs for the vamp. In my experience vamp sims don't feed on human sims autonomously unless they get to super low thirst, but if you give them plasma packs they will autonomously use them. And if you're concerned about vamp heirs due to the -10 vamp penalty, don't be. VL levels fast and can be maxed in a couple of days, so if you do have a vamp heir you should easily be able to get them cured by the time they begin accumulating points.

It's also notable that sims with a spouse and/or kids do become eligible spouses if turned but not the rest of their family once the spouse and/or kids die, so if you wanted someone to wed, say, Bella Goth, they can this way.

If you have Parenthood, the influence ability is a great way to indirectly control your kids, such as making them do homework. Getting an A is a lot easier if you have this pack.

Another tip: a good way to get quick cash is to move in a homeless sim that lives alone for a nice 20k simoleons. Ideally they'll be elders too so they'll die soon and free up the space they took so that you can move in even more homeless sims. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.