Author Topic: Get Together: Doesn't quite cut it does it?  (Read 1873 times)

Offline milkandcookies

• Nooboo
Get Together: Doesn't quite cut it does it?
« on: December 18, 2015, 01:56:12 AM »
Anyone else out there feel like the latest expansion pack is really not up to par considering what the Sims 4 currently lacks and how strong Get to Work was in comparison? I wrote an article about it and would love to hear back from fans of the series on the state of the game and what they'd like to see.

http://twinfinite.net/2015/12/the-sims-4-get-together-still-doesnt-make-it-worth-your-money/

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Get Together: Doesn't quite cut it does it?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 03:40:44 AM »
Page four has an error: "Get to Work even let you build a rocket ship and go to space?" This is incorrect, this feature has been in the game since launch day. No pun intended.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline milkandcookies

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 04:20:20 AM »
Hats off, elegantly concise. I'm definitely trying to let the clubs and gatherings push me to the more social aspects of the game, something I don't often do with Sims. It's fun, but I don't find it as exciting to have installed as Get to Work or even Outdoor Retreat. Love watching level 1 Sims dance though xD

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 02:56:07 PM »
I think each pack has to be taken at it's own merits. They all add their own specific elements to the game play. I love GTW but after playing an active career often, it gets old and I eventually just send them off to work by themselves... Does that mean I'm sorry that @justproud2b gifted me with GTW? Not a chance! It brings a lot of fun elements. The same can be said of spa Day and Outdoor Retreat. I am only now busy downloading GT (97% and counting) but I can already see from the many stories here on the Forum, that it adds it's own personal flare to the sims life. Can't wait to play it...
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Emily Redbird

• Mistress of splitting hairs
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 02:58:20 PM »
Nice article. I have seriously considered doing a comparative analysis of Get to Work and Open for Business. I feel like the EPs are becoming smaller (and pricier), but I wanted to have some hard facts to back up my claim. Or Get to Work and Ambitions. Or all three. Might get to it one day.
"There is always someone who doesn't agree. That's what keeps the machinery going." Fryndse from "Min hund Grog" (My dog Grog) by Storm P.

The Slytherin Immortal Dynasty

anything