Author Topic: Extra Family in Egypt  (Read 23812 times)

Offline Bogie74

• Townie
  • Ruh ro raggy!!
Extra Family in Egypt
« on: December 02, 2009, 08:37:38 PM »
Hey All! I need your help. After I lost everything from those horrible useless patches I had to start over. I created a family in Riverview, and another in Sunset. I've been playing the family in Riverview for a while now. I just switched over to Sunset, where last I left my family they were on vacation on Egypt on their Honeymoon. Lara and Harrison Ford. You know, brave, adventurous, etc.

Now in my head, I had all of this planned out. IE; the dynasty, how they were going to make their family fortune etc. Well, I go back into the Sunset game, where now, all of a sudden Lara has a daughter with some guy in Egypt! HOW is this possible?? I am frankly a little irritated at this point. The father also has the last name of Ford! Now, I can't figure out which house the daughter is in. I had to pause the game to look for last names etc.

So apparently, if you switch to another game, the first game just starts making up storylines? Has this happened to anyone else? What's worse - is that one of the daughter's traits is looser!

I do not like this sam I am! Not ONE BIT!  >:(

Am I now correct that if you have 2 games, the other one will still progress even if you are not playing it?? That makes absolutely no sense to me at all! What the heck??  ???
I will love him and squeeze him and pet him and call him George!!

Offline Da Vinci

• Townie
Re: I'm so confused. My Sim's family apparently expanded on Vacation??
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 09:07:15 PM »
First, take a deep breath and make yourself a glass of warm milk. Now drink that milk mmmm isnt that nice? now that we are calm lets discuss-
What most likely happened was either a gliche or your sim cheated while you were controlling the other one. I have heard about this kind of problem before; in order to prevent future problems I would recomend saving before the vacation and then keep a close eye on them.
"This is my maiden voyage. My first speech since I was the president of the United States and I couldn't think of a better place to give it than Calgary, Canada." --George W. Bush, as reported by the Associated Press, Calgary, Canada, March 17, 2009

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Bogie74

• Townie
  • Ruh ro raggy!!
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 10:41:23 PM »
Here's the thing - They only just arrived in Egypt. (We arrived, I saved then quit) So I guess I am back to my original question: If you have 2 games, and you play one and not the other, does the other progress without playing it?

First, take a deep breath and make yourself a glass of warm milk.

Warm Milk.. LOL  ;D after the day I had, I'm thinking of spiking the milk, or getting rid of the milk altogether and starting an IV line!!  If you work for the Federal Gov, you should be allowed to keep at flask in your desk for "Emergency Preparedness"... that's all I'm saying!! LOL ;) :D

Offline sims96fan

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 10:58:26 PM »
No, different games won't progress while you're playing others, as long as you are sure you made separate games and not just households in the same game.

Also, you cannot save and quit while on vacation.  It reverts back to the save prior to going on vacation, as when you load the game you can only load into the town in which their original home is, NOT the vacation location.  So either send them home early using their cell phones if you get tired of playing mid-vacation, or make sure you finish the vacation naturally and save after returning to the real town.

Out of paranoia, I just went and checked my different saved games.  They are still where I left them.  I guess what you could also do is maybe put a backup copy of your favorite games in a separate folder in case?

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 11:25:55 PM »
you cannot save and quit while on vacation.

I can do that. I save in the middle of vacations all the time.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 12:23:15 AM »
you cannot save and quit while on vacation.

I can do that. I save in the middle of vacations all the time.

So do I.  I've never had a problem saving during the vacation and it starts right back up at the same point when I come back.

So I guess I am back to my original question: If you have 2 games, and you play one and not the other, does the other progress without playing it?

No, that's not what it does.  Your story doesn't progress unless you're playing it, with the exception switching the active family in the same town/game.  But I've heard of this mess about having a child that nobody knew about pop up suddenly.  I don't know if it's a glitch or if it's supposed to be some kind of storyline thing.  I wouldn't like it, either, especially if it's supposed to be a child of the mother.  I could almost accept it if it's the husband's kid because you could slip an unknown mother into things somewhat easily.  But no, if your female Sim had been pregnant, you'd have to know.

Sorry I don't have any real advice for you.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline sims96fan

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 03:29:04 AM »
Strange, every time I try to save while on vacation I get the "error 16" corrupted file stuff, so I don't do it any more.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009, 03:35:55 AM »
The error 16 is part of a huge bug that came out in an update just prior to the release of World Adventures.  EA has put out an update to correct it, so you should probably download it.  If it continues to be a problem, you can use "Save As" and it will work fine.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline sims96fan

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2009, 05:39:54 AM »
I do use save as when it happens now, but I have all the updates and it still happens.

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2009, 12:15:32 PM »
I finally figured out what my particular prolems are with the 'error 16 code'.  If I play a family that I created prior to WA and the newest set of patches, I have to use save as...  to get them to save.  If I play a sim/family that was created after the set of patches/WA then I can use Save.  So that 'error 16 code' patch only works on my new sims/families.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2009, 05:03:16 PM »
I finally figured out what my particular prolems are with the 'error 16 code'.  If I play a family that I created prior to WA and the newest set of patches, I have to use save as...  to get them to save.  If I play a sim/family that was created after the set of patches/WA then I can use Save.  So that 'error 16 code' patch only works on my new sims/families.

Do you have all of the updates to fix the error 16?  I'm able to play my pre-WA families and save with no problem once I got the patch to correct it installed.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2009, 11:10:21 PM »
Pam, I added WA and the latest patch only, which was the one for fixing the error 16 code.  I had watched you all discussing all the things that happened with the patch right before WA and so decided to wait to update until I actually got WA and then only do the last patch from there.  I have what I have and do alright, so no biggie as far as I am concerned. 

Offline Bogie74

• Townie
  • Ruh ro raggy!!
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2009, 12:02:48 AM »
Oi what a mess! I went back into that weird version of my game, and found out the following:

The imposter my sim apparently had an affair with died. She had the "heartbroken" moodlet, and apparently "witnessed" the death. Now, I had saved them at the camp ground when I had last left them. No urn anywhere. Yet, both of them were at the camp ground when I went back into the game. The other "Ford" apparently was a flagrant philanderer, and also had a son who was married who had 2 kids of his own.

Here's where it gets even weirder - Lara's "daughter" was not in any of the houses. I visited every single one!! Yet, I was able to call her, and "invite over" - she was a child, not a toddler or baby. Now Lara's husband Harrison who was sleeping when I saved, was STILL in the tent. Now, I ask you - how on earth could one sleep through the wife having an affair, a pregnancy, then the death of the lover, AND the results of the affair grow up to be in the child stage??  ::) What is he, Rip Van Winkle??  :D

I was so mad I just deleted the game!  :o

Here's the last part which I guess is the "silver lining". So, I recreated my sims in Sunset Valley, moved them in etc. The husband learns the cooking skill, and makes dinner of "nice quality". I put the leftovers in the fridge, knowing full well in 6 hours I'm going to have to interveine and delete the bad food. Yet, that never happens. Food is still good a day later, yet, this is the very same fridge that my first Ford couple had...go figure!

Cel_sims3

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2009, 10:27:51 AM »
I have no Idea what happened in that game, but that's so cool! The only odd thing I've had happen to my sims is with this one single female. She hadn't been dating anyone or anything, she went on vacation and when she came back she was pregnant but there isn't a dad for the baby. I thought it was super mega weird until I read this.

Offline Bogie74

• Townie
  • Ruh ro raggy!!
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2009, 06:31:44 PM »
she went on vacation and when she came back she was pregnant

Was she in egypt by any chance?? That's where Lara and Harrison were, at the base camp.

anything