Author Topic: Khan-Doe Family Empire (updated 4/01/2016) Completed  (Read 12258 times)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Khan-Doe Family Empire (updated 4/01/2016) Completed
« on: December 28, 2015, 06:29:36 PM »
No this is not a tale of time shares and maintenance fees, just the story of two formerly wealthy sims who met in the bin and were yanked out to found a Family Empire.
I will be following the rules set forth by Alexrandria found here. I will, however, be using edit town to verify that houses purchased for children have enough beds. I’m a mean watcher, but not that mean.
Aging will be off. I will be using all expansion packs except Pets (don’t have it), Seasons (too disruptive), Into the Future (opportunity problems), and Generations (the thought of up to 45 glitchy Imaginary Friends sitting in the cemetery makes me break into a cold sweat).
Shall we begin?

Meet our founders.
Isla Khan, say hello.
Isla: Last thing I remember is a voice telling me to go fix my hair. Then BAM – sim bin.
*Watcher disguises voice with bad French accent* Hmm, very interesting.

Flip Doe, your turn, say hello.
Flip: Wooo! Can we get a sprinkler?
Yes.
Isla in the background: Sprinkler!
Flip: Hey, I’m a witch!

As founders, Flip and Isla’s main responsibilities will be raising 15 successful children with spouses and two teenage children each and moving them out to purchased houses.
Flip/Isla: We have to WHAT?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • The sun, the moon, the stars all bear my seal
Re: Khan-Doe Family Empire
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 07:10:06 PM »
I'm glad that Isla has a life outside of the end of the town jump. Her chest face it just too nice to waste. ;)

< br/>
Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 07:18:27 PM »
It's funny because when I create female sims, I make their assets in the small to medium range. Isla's are a bit extreme. I wonder if that trait will be passed on.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 08:48:13 PM »
Isla is beautiful for who she is on the inside!
Basically, you've done nothing more than have the founders say hello and I already love it  :=)

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict. Yanina
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2015, 10:33:23 PM »
Sprinkler! haha

Good luck! This is project that I know I'll never do. 45 nooboos make me shudder, but I'll happy to read your attempt.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: Khan-Doe Family Empire (12/29/2015)
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2015, 08:56:31 PM »
@Trip , @PeregrineTook , and @CeresIn , Thanks for the comments and the vote of confidence. I've never played with aging off before so this feels really different. I do like being able to age up the kids early.

Okay, time to get with the program.
Isla, go to library and read about gardening. Then head over to the greenhouse.
Isla: Learning is taking a long time. Can I have a multitab?
No.

Isla’s traits are Loves the Outdoors, Family Oriented, Green Thumb, Angler, and Easily Impressed, but just like in her last incarnation, she has expressed no interest in fishing. She does still want to be Surrounded by Family.

Flip’s traits are Loves the Outdoors, Family Oriented, Schmoozer, Excitable, and Born Salesman. He wants to be a CEO.
Flip, go sign up for a career in business then had over to the elixir shop and do a little buying and selling.
Learn some alchemy while you’re there.
Flip: Can we get a TV?
No.

Flip was successful enough at the elixir shop to provide this little house.

Flip and Isla: We want to get married!

Isla: What shall we do for our honeymoon?
Flip/Isla: Sprinkler! Woohoo!
I don’t think that’s what they mean by first woohoo.

By their first Saturday, the K-Ds had made enough money (mostly from red berry beans) to improve their house a little and were ready to try for their first child.

Let the upchucking begin!

Flip: Hey, I wish to ice blast a sim!

Isla: Unless you want me to use you for fertilizer, don’t even think about it.

One fine morning, just as Flip got into his carpool, Isla went into labor.
Isla: Holy Mother of Pearl! Where’s the stork?
You should have read Totally Preggers a little more carefully.
I need to go to work too.
Isla: Don’t. You. Dare. I can make your life a living hell you know.
I’ll just wait here then.

Hey, how did that happen?

Look out Sunset Valley. We've only just begun.

< br/>
Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2015, 09:08:35 PM »
Aww, double nooboo!!  Loved the interesting approach to a first woohoo  ;=)

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Re: Khan-Doe Family Empire (12/29/2015)
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2015, 12:28:48 AM »
Yay Flisla-boos! You just know they're going to be gorgeous! Bookmarked!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: Khan-Doe Family Empire (12/31/2015)
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2015, 10:11:52 AM »
@PeregrineTook , I did nothing to make twins happen. Does the Family Oriented trait make that more likely? I'm going to have to be careful here and only have a slot or two available in the household next time they try for baby.

@Magpie2012 , They are lovely little girls. I'm already wondering who, in a non-aging Sunset Valley, they will chose for partners.

A nooboo’s only responsibility in the Family Empire is to get to a birthday cake ASAP. The Khan-Doe children fulfilled their duty admirably.
First we have Alpha who is a tiny Isla with Flip’s hair. Her traits are Loves the Outdoors and Heavy Sleeper. Traits are being chosen, not rolled for children. Grandchildren’s traits will be random.

Second is Bravo who is a Heavy Sleeper and Brave. She looks like Flip with Isla’s hair.

As toddlers, the children must learn their skills before aging up.
Alpha fulfills her first duty.

Isla: I want to have a baby.
You have two already.
Isla: I know. Have you seen my lifetime wish?
We need room in the house for spouses and grandchildren.

When Bravo finishes learning to walk, we’ll be ready for cake again.

Flip: I want another child.
Here we go again.
Ah, the poor little floorboos were just too tired. Cake will wait until morning.

Due to poor timing on my part, the girls had their birthday on Saturday. Since their only Empire obligation is to get on the honor roll and I don’t want them picking up any random skills, they will just have to have fun this weekend.
Alpha/Bravo: Who has the best watcher?

Alpha/Bravo: We have the best watcher!
I’m going to remember that you said that.

Alpha/Bravo: *Grumble, grumble*

The bus doesn’t bring the girls home, but it’s okay. The little witches look so cute on their brooms.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Khan-Doe Family Empire (updated 12/31/2015)
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2015, 11:32:55 AM »
Loving the twins!  Not sure which one's my favorite just yet.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Re: Khan-Doe Family Empire (updated 12/31/2015)
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2015, 01:19:28 PM »
OMG that is just about the most fabulous pairing of Flisla genes ever!

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: Khan-Doe Family Empire (updated 1/01/2016)
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2016, 07:15:56 AM »
@PeregrineTook , Luckily, I don't have to pick an heir this time. All children will be equally abused.

@Magpie2012 , It will be interesting to see how much variation we get with 15 children, assuming that neither I nor my computer explodes first.

The girls got on the honor roll and had their birthday after school.
Bravo was first in the door. Her traits are now Heavy Sleeper, Brave, Friendly, and Irresistible.
Hey, you look good. You can keep your hair.

Alpha is keeping her hair too. Her traits are Loves the Outdoors, Heavy Sleeper, Excitable, and Green Thumb.

Bravo won’t be allowed to work on her supermax until she’s an adult, so in her down time she does whatever she wants.

Alpha has no down time. She will probably be one of the easiest kids to get out of the house since Isla has done so much gardening prep work and is hoarding red berry beans.

Isla got stir crazy and went to the park while everyone was at work or school. She started fishing …autonomously. What is this world coming to?

Isla/Flip: We want to have another child.
Just enjoy what may be one of your last peaceful moments together.

The girls both got a promotions in their part time jobs, one of two requirements. Tomorrow they should both make the honor roll, if Bravo doesn’t burn herself up first doing witchy speed homework.

Things are about to get chaotic. (I just noticed the hearts coming from the bedroom)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2016, 11:18:52 AM »
Of course Flip wants to have more babies with Isla.  Isla's amazing and the world must have more of her genes beautifying it!  Case in point, Alpha and Bravo!  Really lovely ladies!
Just curiosity, are you planning to name them all alphabetically, or did it just happen to start that way?

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2016, 11:31:27 AM »
The naming theme reminds me of the TV show Dollhouse (so sad it got cancelled) which I absolutely adored due to my Eliza Dushku obsession!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2016, 02:16:59 PM »
@PeregrineTook , I'm using the military call letters. Perhaps we'll have a boy named Juliet or a girl named Oscar.

@Magpie2012 , I was also a big fan of Dollhouse. Sometimes shows live past their time (Supernatural, in my opinion), but I wasn't ready for Dollhouse to go.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2016, 05:37:20 PM »
@KRae amen to that! I loved Supernatural when it first came out and religiously watched the first 5 seasons. Then came season 6 and I got this SSDD vibe, like they were taking plot lines and just slightly revamping them enough that people would think they were new!

I hope Echo will live up to their namesake once they are with us!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: Khan-Doe Family Empire (updated 1/02/2016)
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2016, 08:48:39 AM »
Alpha became a lovely young adult with the traits Loves the Outdoors, Heavy Sleeper, Excitable, Green Thumb, and Irresistible. There are four things each young adult must do besides finding a partner and producing two children. They need to achieve a lifetime wish, supermax a skill, max a career, and purchase a property related, preferably, to their career.
Alpha completed her ltw as soon as she promised it. She already had planted a Perfect Garden. She was at level 8 in the gardening skill, jumped to level 7 in the gardening career when the red berry stash was sold, and purchased the grocery store, renaming it Alpha’s Green Grocer. Whew! The rest could be completed while raising a family.

The first man she was attracted to was Jared Frio, but he was really mean to her. We do not stand for that.

So she finally met flirty, old Gobias Koffi. They got along just fine, and he moved in.

The romantic proposal.

Followed by the successful try for baby.

The trifecta was completed by the private library wedding. Alpha had completed her career that morning, and read for a couple of hours to complete her supermax. Better run home, guys, that baby could make an appearance any moment.

Bravo wasn’t just playing in the sprinkler all this time. Her final traits are Heavy Sleeper, Brave, Friendly, Irresistible, and Handy. She completed her Swimming in Cash ltw two days later. Everything else she actually completed faster than Alpha.

Between her handiness skill work and Flip’s liquid job boosters, she maxed her firefighter career after 2 shifts and a weekend of skilling.

Bravo met Christopher Steel at work, and they really hit it off. As a firefighter, he was always busy when she called. She stalked and found him first at the gym.

She later tracked him to his home. They were married with the groom in his cow print jammies. I thought about having these two have the first grandkids, but Christopher is much easier to live with than Gobias especially when he quit his firefighter job and took up the fishing career.

Flip was mainly responsible for Bravo's career going so smoothly. Not only did he produce those liquid job boosters, he also ice blasted everything in sight and gave Bravo plenty to repair. She completed her handiness supermax in no time.

I was a little puzzled as to what building or property Bravo should purchase. There’s nothing buyable associated with firefighting or handiness. When she was a level ten firefighter and working from home, she was called to the criminal warehouse to help when one of their nefarious schemes went awry. When they tried the very same scheme the very next day and she had to rescue them again, it was obvious what building she should purchase. The criminal warehouse became Bravo’s Fixers.

Bravo was given the Key to Sunset Valley by a thankful community.

Now hurry up, Alpha and Gobias. We need two nooboos…Now!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2016, 11:30:10 AM »
Hope that Ilsa's lovely genes continue to shine through on the future generation.  Oh, and Flip.  He's nice too.
Congrats on the success of Alpha and Bravo!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2016, 12:18:49 PM »
Thanks, @PeregrineTook . I hope so too. I'm having a little trouble getting the preview on the next chapter so come up, but I'll keep trying.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: Khan-Doe Family Empire (updated 1/03/2016)
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2016, 12:24:06 PM »
Alpha soon went into labor with the support of her loving husband.

This is Abel, a Loner who Loves the Outdoors. Good luck with that loner thing in this little house.

Abel was a very easy toddler for a day and a half while he learned his skills.

Welcome to childhood, Abel, and enjoy being a Night Owl. Everyone goes to bed early around here, maybe you’ll finally get to be alone.

Or maybe not.

There’s only one thing (in a fireproof household) that synchronized panic can mean.

Welcome to the world, little Ace. His traits are Virtuoso and Slob.

Meanwhile, Bravo finally got to put out a fire. She saved a Goth and a Landgraab.

Along with a Bunch and a Frio. She received a well- deserved award. What were those four doing in the same house in the middle of the afternoon?

Flip and Bravo are fairly accomplished witches. Gobias, also a witch, and Alpha rarely practice their magic at all. Probably just as well.

I sent Flip on a quick trip to China. We had a very relaxing, one sim to deal with, time. Flip didn’t do much…a little shopping…

Swam in the decorative pool…

And picked some fruit for Isla.
It was all very exciting.

We were soon back to the reality of an eight sim household, and Ace’s toddler birthday.

He became a child the next day, adding the trait Evil.

Before long, it was Abel’s turn. His traits are now Loner, Loves the Outdoors, Night Owl, and Over-Emotional. He got a job at the Mausoleum.

Just a few days later, Ace had his birthday. His traits are Virtuoso, Slob, Evil, and Avant Garde. The cemetery job seemed appropriate for him too.
Abel: I never get to be alone!

Gobias sneaked home from work one day, yes, these are his current career clothes, only to discover that he, Alpha, and the boys were moving.

The first child and her family finally move out to this slight expanded little house, and peace descending over the Doe homestead.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2016, 12:30:12 PM »
Can't believe Flip ran off to China without Isla!!  She'd better get some vacation time of her own just to make things equal.
Congrats on the quick success of Alpha and her family.  Beta's going to be hard-pressed to match that success!

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2016, 12:33:45 PM »
Ooh this looks like a fun challenge. I'm not sure I would have the patience though. Love this story.  :D

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2016, 06:56:47 PM »
Yay! More Flipboos! Glad to see two awesome families combined in a new attempt, KRae  ;D

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: Khan-Doe Family Empire (updated 1/04/2016)
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2016, 09:35:55 AM »
@PeregrineTook, It felt like it took forever for Alpha to leave, well, for Gobias to leave. He was always flirting with whatever woman was closest. He spent a lot of time at work and the library, oh and I made him tend the garden. Idle hands, etc.

@mpart , It is fun, but takes a lot of planning.

@Malley, Thanks, I'm loving Flip and Isla together, too.

Honestly, how long did you expect the Khan-Doe house to remain peaceful?
Chimes were soon ringing out from Bravo and Christopher’s bedroom.

Bravo truly does love her husband, so when she cast a spell on him and he ended up with an “eminent nemesis” moodlet, I’m sure she was just trying to cast a love charm. Anyway, the next person he spoke to would become his nemesis and he was heading straight toward his beloved, pregnant wife. Fortunately I managed to stop him and made him call Gobias. They don’t like each other much anyway. Crisis averted. Pregnant women can forsake their witchitude, by the way.

Flip, I wasn’t planning on doing this so soon, but I need you to go to the local nectary and buy some nectar making machines.
Okay, now magically upgrade them.
Don’t tell Flip, but as soon as he attempts a love charm, he’ll also become a normal sim.

Bravo told Christopher that they were expecting a nooboo. His reaction wasn’t the typical one. Of course, this happens many times a day.

Christopher has been an amazing asset to the family. He completed his Perfect Aquarium LTW, and stored enough other perfect fish for a future generation.
Why is VJ Alvi doing his homework in the cemetery after midnight?

Do not maintain your fire engine when you’re due to go into labor. Bravo had twins and the first ended up waving her little arms from under a tire. Christopher rescued her and all was well.

Here she is, our little Benni, with no tread marks at all. Her traits are Good and Hates the Outdoors.

Her little twin, Bitsy, looks especially like her daddy. Her traits are Absent-Minded and Loves the Outdoors.

These two will be children in record time.

Isla: I want to have another child.
Okay.