Author Topic: Labelles's Perfect Genetics Challenge: The End of the Labelles (Completed)  (Read 21239 times)

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
Re: Labelles's Perfect Genetics Challenge:The End of the Labelles (Completed)
« Reply #250 on: December 11, 2016, 02:07:52 PM »
It was very difficult to decide to end this story so soon, but Livvielove and I ended our stories for similar reasons. A lot of things broke the camel's back when it came to my stories involving the Labelles to the point I knew if I continued writing them then I would get in trouble with the forum. I just didn't feel like the topics my characters handed me I couldn't do justice on the forum. I tried honestly, but I was worried I had crossed a few lines until I saw what other writers were doing in their stories. I always try to do research over the tricky topics I write about and some in other stories if I'm honest were done so...carelessly. (Rape for instance. It's not something you get over with one simple flashback. It's not how it works and if you are trying to write it realistically, ugh. I'm just angry.) I was reading over my story and realized in some areas I had done the same thing. It made me angry because I know people who have gone through truly horrid things and it wasn't done correctly. (In my story and others.) I decided a clean slate was best and there was no way I could do the dark topics justice on the forum. I just grew as a person when writing and realized I wouldn't stand to write dark topics in a light-hearted manner. If I'm writing something dark, I don't want people to feel comfortable with it. I want it to make them feel uncomfortable and challenge them to think about it. 

I hate to be the one to say this, but I think it needs to be said. "Entertainment" and dark topics are not something that should be combined. One is funny, the other is to be taken seriously. If you are going to write something realistically, please do your research on the subject. If you're writing about someone killing themselves or being raped in a light-hearted manner or trying to make it look "good" in some manner you are shaming the people who have gone through it. It's not funny, it's not cute. Write your characters dealing with the subjects and do so in a careful manner, or don't write it at all. One flashback doesn't do it justice. These are things that break the best people. Point being, I'm going to pick up a book and do some research on any dark topics I ever write. If this is truly a family-friendly forum, I hope we can show that horrible things that happen to people are not things to be taken lightly. If any of you have been through something truly horrible, you can always PM me. I care and if you need someone to talk to, I hope I can help. If the forum is more worried about a curse word in a story than a dark subject being handled incorrectly, what are we teaching our children?

I didn't attach your comment to this, because I didn't want to drag you into this mess. I will probably get in trouble for bring up these points, and I'm okay with that. If one moderator, one person, can see where I'm coming from it's worth it. I'm doing all the research I can for my new story a dark topic as I have done research on it before. I'm writing ten chapters ahead to make sure it is done properly in the best manner possible.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: Labelles's Perfect Genetics Challenge:The End of the Labelles (Completed)
« Reply #251 on: December 11, 2016, 08:03:03 PM »
@mpart I want you to know your comment has been noticed. I don't know what or if we can do anything about it, but no, your honesty is certainly not going to get you into trouble with any of us Moderators. I've just woken up and feel that you deserve a much more thoughtful response than I can provide at the moment. I wouldn't mind hearing from you in private message where, if you allow it, I may pass some thoughts along to others.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything