Author Topic: Skills are missing??  (Read 5386 times)

mustanggirl2014

Skills are missing??
« on: January 10, 2016, 05:37:00 PM »
My sims show no skills since the update... or it will tell me they've maxed out a new skill (like dance) and it will show just that one skill with a level 0 but gold as if it's maxed.  Despite having multiple other skills and several maxed, they are just not there.

They also have the everything is spicy issue I've heard people talk about.

I have a few mods and a bit of custom content but I've got no clue how to remove it (and want to keep it anyway)... I can't even remember how I installed it in the first place.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Skills are missing??
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 06:28:30 PM »
Hi mustanggirl, to trouble shoot the problem you are having you will need to remove all your mods and cc.
This link will take you to a page where you can learn how to do this. It is simple and if you are going to continue to use mods and cc then you will need to learn this at some point as all mods and some cc will need updating as EA continue to release patches.
To be honest, 90% of game bugs and glitches are caused by mods or cc that need updating and/or removing. And by removing your Mods and CC you can often remove the problem without spending hours trying all sorts of other things.
Once you have found that one Mod that is causing the problem, you can still have all the other mods/cc back in your game and often the 'problem mod' will have already been updated by the creator and will just require you to download the latest version of it.

If you need more help how to do this, post back and I can take you through it step by step.  :)

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 09:06:00 PM »
Be sure to check any mods that changes skills. This sounds like the problem I had with Shimrod's fast and slow skill mod. This mod is broken now and all skills will show 0 even tho they are maxed out. I haven't seen Shimrod around MTS for awhile to update his mods.
But if that is what is causing your problem  maloekoegirl updated his mod and uploaded it here.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

mustanggirl2014

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 02:49:34 AM »
That's a good idea grimsoul, I do have one I think.