Author Topic: Questions about NPC babies and raising them  (Read 11194 times)

Offline DreJr

• Nooboo
Questions about NPC babies and raising them
« on: January 20, 2016, 08:04:56 PM »
Hi there, I am relatively new to TS4 and I have a few questions. I did a precursory search and did not find the answers I needed on the forum so apologies if I missed them somewhere.

• Is there some methodology to how npc sims who have become pregnant choose where to place the bassinet within their house once the baby is born?
  • Do babies age up on their own? If yes, will they still age up if I turn off aging for everyone?
  • Can NPCs generally be trusted to raise a child well without supervision?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Questions about NPC babies and raising them
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 10:28:56 PM »
Hi DreJr welcome to the forum.  :)

1. No the game will just spawn a bassinet wherever there is enough space for one inside the house. Often it is in the worst possible place lol. You can just go into build mode through Manage World menu and move it to somewhere else if you really want to. Although it makes no difference if you do not visit as that lot will actually never be active.
2. Yes and yes; the noobo will age up into a child after three days if your aging is on normal or turned off.
3. Yes, it just happens off screen as there is no story progression. If you visit the house (thereby turning their lot into an active lot) the NPCs'/ Townies will feed their baby, rock it, change it's diaper etc etc while your sim is there. Your sim will also be able to care for the nooboo while visiting. Often the traits might be a little on the negative side such as insane or mean etc but again you can always change that in CAS using cheats etc once the nooboo is a child or teen even.

If the nooboo is one of your sims then your sim will receive a message letting you know that the nooboo has born once the townie has given birth even if the mother (and nooboo) does not live in your sims household.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline DreJr

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 11:30:22 PM »
Ahh. Thank you very much for the info. I made a baby with one of the pre-mades so their line wouldn't die out (before I realized there was a mod which could handle that). Good to know the kid will turn  out reasonably ok without my sim having to go over to the house and spend time there.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 12:30:34 AM »
You're welcome. There are some pretty good mods out there for sure.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline meubanks

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 08:46:00 PM »
@DreJr
You can also change the age settings so that inactive households don't age, but it is an all-or-nothing setting. You can't choose which households will age selectively. I choose that option for rotational play.