Author Topic: Writing Books  (Read 1680 times)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Writing Books
« on: January 22, 2016, 11:57:05 PM »
Hi again, I'm trying to have my sim write a book and he aged up before finishing it. Now he's sad b/c of "forgotten birthday" and now he can't continue the book. It just says to "unblock his inner writer to do this." However in the world do I do this? Thanks!

Edit: This is driving me nuts!!! Every so often, they are forced to stop writing and do other stuff!! She's not even done w/her book yet and her fun bar is completely full! When did EA do this? Is there a mod to prevent this?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Writing Books
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 01:58:45 AM »
If you wait it out it will eventually go away. Or taking a bath in the most expensive bath speeds up the countdown of the negative moodlet and doing other fun stuff. Some sims like to dance or play the computer etc... whatever you've noticed increases your sims fun the quickest is best. The inner writer isn't very common so chances are your sim won't encounter this again.  :)

If you get your sim inspired or very inspired while writing and keep their needs up, particularly hygiene then they seem to last writing longer and have less stress.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 03:19:07 AM »
That's just it though, it keep  happening and in spite of the fact that her fun bar is totally filled!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 04:05:08 AM »
That's pretty weird! I wonder if something has changed with the recent patches? I couldn't find anything about it on the bug forum. It used to be a requirement for the Best Selling Author aspiration when the game first launched but the aspirations have all been changed since then.
Since that change sims hardly ever get writers block now. It's too late here now but tomorrow morning I'll fire up my game and see if I can get the same thing to happen. That way we might be able to find a work-around.
Something is obviously not working as it should though as usually I can keep my sims writing pretty much all day and they would never get to the point where they couldn't write.
I know its obvious but travel your sim away from the lot and back and see if that helps. I know you delete your cache files too so I won't suggest that!  ;) And make sure your sim is inspired while writing.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 03:43:32 PM »
Well... my sims did hit 'writers block' but only once in three days. I kept him inspired at all times. Some sims do struggle with different skills even though they have the same traits. It's just the ways game mechanics work. The more 'correct' moodlets you can stack up the easier it is to manage.