Author Topic: Needs decay fast?  (Read 7800 times)

Offline BarbaraAnn

• Nooboo
Needs decay fast?
« on: January 30, 2016, 09:29:12 AM »
I am finding that my needs are falling very quickly in my game. It seems that they are going from barely there to almost done in moments. Not sure what happened, this is not normal. Does anyone else have this issue and are there any suggestions?

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
Re: Needs decay fast?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 06:28:24 AM »
Hi BarbaraAnn, have you opened a new game and seen if it's happening in another file? Maybe your current file is glitched?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 06:51:30 AM »
Try clearing cache and repairing game. I know there are posts about them somewhere here. Will go look for the links and add them, unless @MrsFlynn or @Playalot  beat me to it lol

well, this post: Solutions to common TS4 problems should have something that could be able to help.
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline BarbaraAnn

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 09:18:27 AM »
Thanks to both of you for the tips. I did a factory reset of my Sims (creating an entirely new file) because I was attempting to start an Immortal Dynasty. So this was an entirely new set. I did do a repair of the game but the problem is still there.

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 10:38:30 AM »
Hi @BarbaraAnn :) Does the problem affect all your needs or only some of them? Have you checked the traits of your sim? Some traits may affect the speed of decay.

If the problem persists through all the needs regardless of trait, I have no other idea what solution to offer.

Offline BarbaraAnn

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 11:00:20 AM »
It really shows on bladder for all sims in this game, but all needs move faster than I usually see. I moved in the Landgraabs and have my own created sim.

I'll try doing another factory reset and create a new sim and see if it is the same. I really appreciate the help here. :)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2016, 04:19:44 PM »
Hi BarbaraAnn, the only posts I could find about this weren't very helpful. Some people might only have one sim in their household who's needs decay much faster than usual etc but no one seems to have found a solution. I couldn't find anything on the EA bug forum so it might be worth your while posting about this bug there. Link

I would have thought a factory reset would have solved the issue.  Or even uninstalling/ reinstalling your game. Link I'm not sure what else to suggest really. What a really frustrating bug.  :(

Last thought, make sure 'testingcheats on' is not on as I know that leaving the cheat on can cause game play issues. Always best to get into the habit of typing 'testingcheats off' as soon as you have finished using the cheat.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline BarbaraAnn

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2016, 04:24:58 PM »
Hi BarbaraAnn, the only posts I could find about this weren't very helpful. Some people might only have one sim in their household who's needs decay much faster than usual etc but no one seems to have found a solution. I couldn't find anything on the EA bug forum so it might be worth your while posting about this bug there. Link

I would have thought a factory reset would have solved the issue.  Or even uninstalling/ reinstalling your game. Link I'm not sure what else to suggest really. What a really frustrating bug.  :(

Last thought, make sure 'testingcheats on' is not on as I know that leaving the cheat on can cause game play issues. Always best to get into the habit of typing 'testingcheats off' as soon as you have finished using the cheat.

Thanks. I didn't turn the cheats on in this game. Since I just started I won't lose much in starting another fresh reset. 

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2016, 04:51:38 PM »
Well, that rules the cheats bug out. Fingers crossed that a reinstall fixes this.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2016, 06:25:30 PM »
Are you using any mods? If so maybe that could be causing the issue.

Offline BarbaraAnn

• Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2016, 06:31:35 PM »
Are you using any mods? If so maybe that could be causing the issue.
No, no mods at all. I was going to try for my first Hall of Fame Dynasty, so no mods and no CC, and I was going to use a fresh install.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2016, 11:43:54 AM »
Have your simmies been secretly running off to the bar ;-D I know that always has an affect on my bladder decay rate lol

But, seriously, it is a terrible bug to be having! And I have seen, in my Skill of the Week challenge, that it can happen in the weirdest ways. My stay-at-home sim (who spends 99.9% of her time chained to whatever skill item is that week) doesn't decay at all almost (it will literally take an entire sim day for her to get hungry if I feed her breakfast (I'm not using cheats, mods or rewards). My working sim though will eat the same meal at the same time and within 2 hours of being at work she is starving again! I'm so glad they feed themselves at work like they used to do in TS2... It's the same with the bladder and fun and social needs (I noticed they're pretty much on a par with energy and hygiene). At this point, I'm treating it as an unforeseen perk lol since it gives me a lot more skilling time than I would usually have had.

Hmm... I should probably mention this on the relevant challenge board *sob* I hope I haven't disqualified myself (or should I say, my game hasn't disqualified me)

Anyway, good luck finding a solution! I'm holding thumbs for you!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

anything