Author Topic: Sim 'kicked out' of household?  (Read 10851 times)

Offline kearn76

• Llama Wrangler
Sim 'kicked out' of household?
« on: January 31, 2016, 03:05:33 PM »
In my dynasty game, my founder was having a dinner party.  She was the chef.  She successfully 'called to meal', then went to cook a desert.  After she started cooking, one of the other members of the household got up from eating, and scolded her for cooking, giving the 'inappropriate behavior' message.  Founder stops cooking, I redirect her to finish cooking, which she starts to do.  Other household member again scolds her for inappropriate behavior, upon which, this time my founder is forced to leave the house and cannot get back in.....What???!!!  She is still on the lot, cannot re-enter the house, but still shows up as a member of the household....
Anyone else ever experience this?  I didn't find it on the known bugs thread...

Karen

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Sim 'kicked out' of household?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 05:01:17 PM »
Its actually something that has happened since launch although in a much less extreme manner. Before the recent patch that added the ability for sims to be kicked out for being rude, if you didn't nominate a household member as the caterer for your party then then other household members would be upset that your sim (their mother, sibling, whoever) was cooking and their relationship would take a double negative hit. Now that sims can be kicked out... they still get upset but after the third warning the sim will be told to leave.

Just nominate the household member as the caterer when the party menu comes up and you will have no problems.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 05:33:11 PM »
I personally find it annoying having to choose a caterer because throughout the party they keep autonomously queueing (sp?) up things to cook. Would getting the "Always Welcome" reward stop the issue? It's only 500 aspiration points I believe, so it's not too expensive.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 06:25:34 PM »
I haven't tested it but I'd assume Always Welcome would stop this as with this award your sims can do whatever they want in other sims houses.  :)

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 08:23:07 PM »
Does this only happen in private homes? How about public spaces like the park and others? I've only done birthdays and weddings so far. I always have a cake or two prepared ahead of time. I guess I would be making other dishes ahead of time now, just in case. Just pack them in inventory before hitting the party. :)

I usually hire other sims as chef. I don't really care if they cook or not. Just want them for the ambiance. :D

Offline kearn76

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 10:01:46 PM »
Thank you for the information, Playalot.  I will remember the next time it comes up.  Not sure if that's all that was going on...when I went back into the game, each member of the household left the house, one by one, until they were all outside and none could go back into the house...!  The children each tried to 'return home', wandered to the end of the drive, went back towards the house and stopped short of going in...

I decided to scrap the file, and start over...it was my first generation, not more than a week or two in, and I have been reading up and discovered some ways I could have been doing much better anyway...so hoping for better luck this time!
 ;D

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2016, 03:30:21 AM »
@kearn76  Oh... I forgot to post this but if your sims do get kicked out of their own home if you move them to another house, save the original house to your library, bulldoze the lot and place your house back down and then move your sims back in everything will be fine again and all their friendships etc will still be intact.  :)

@Indira I don't know if this happens on community lots etc as to be honest I don't play parties at all unless its for a challenge now. I'm sort of 'over' throwing parties now that I completed my dynasty!  ::)  I would have thought it wouldn't happen but you can never tell with the sims!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2016, 07:05:19 AM »
I have had this happen more often since the last patch.  I have found that abandoning the party, and then using the evicted sim travel to the park, bring all the other housemates to the park, then send them home one at a time resolves this.  In a dynasty where you’re not supposed to use manage worlds, this seems a legal way out of the mess!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2016, 03:17:05 PM »
@tjtemple just nominate one of your household to be the caterer and then this won't happen at all. I used to nominate my founder even before the patch as it stopped the annoying *gasping* at him daring to cook in his own house during a party!

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2016, 03:37:20 PM »
Sounds like a good idea @playalot! I always thought the bug was making someone say something inappropriate at parties.... Like I tend to do in "real life"!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

anything