Author Topic: Possible bug with the klepto trait.  (Read 3805 times)

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Possible bug with the klepto trait.
« on: February 06, 2016, 07:59:34 PM »
I've been noticing that even tho my sim can swipe outdoor plants there not in his family inventory when he gets home. At first I thought maybe it was because it was a item that you can't normally put in your family inventory, you only have the option to sell them when you pick them up.
But I've done some testing and he's swiped other items that can't normally go in the inventory and they would be in his family inventory when he got home. Like the Vibe Gate Fountain and the Spherical Emitter from the fountain building category.
Other items he could swipe but didn't show up when he got home was the window boxes from build mode.
I've already tried the usual stuff to like removing all mods, repairing the game, clearing cache files, starting a fresh game.
I was wondering if someone else would try and see if they have the items when they get home. By outdoor plarnts I'm referring to the plants in build mode under the bush and flower categories.
If you do try this and have the same problem I've opened a bug report on it here. If you could add a me too to it might help.
If you don't have the problem and you have the plants when you get home let me know and I'll change the bug report and keep looking for a problem on my end.

A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Possible bug with the klepto trait.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 10:48:27 PM »
So my klepto visited the Landgraabs and swiped the Low-Lying Palm Plant and then 2 hrs later the Assorted Wildflowers. Both time he got the message ' Kaiden succesfully Swiped an object, without drawing any unwanted attention, the item can be found in household inventory.'
I took my sim home. Both the items were not there.
Looks like it's a bug!

*Edited: Next we went to the Narwhal Arms where he swiped a 'Toms Flower Box'. That was in the household inventory when we got home. Hilariously after I placed it in his garden it was now named 'Stolen From The Narwhal Arms'. I could move it and put it back into the household inventory.

I've added a 'me too' to the bug report.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 11:47:24 PM »
Thanks for checking it and adding a me too to the report @Playalot It helps some knowing it's not just me because I had already tried everything I could think of to fix it short of reinstalling the game.
Items stolen will show where they were stolen from when you hover over them. Some but not all stolen items when clicked on in live mode will have the option to return the stolen item.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 11:59:24 PM »
Nice to be able to return the favor. I think I am in danger of being addicted to this trait. My worlds are starting to look a little 'bare'.  ;D
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 12:28:38 AM »
LOL, I understand. My worlds are the same way. But a lot of the stuff he takes he does it autonomously when I'm on another sim and not watching him close.