Author Topic: Sims3 on Wii  (Read 8396 times)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Sims3 on Wii
« on: November 19, 2010, 08:31:48 AM »
I finally broke down and bought the game for my Wii.  The only thing I can say is, do not buy it.  Now I can pretty much adapt to games and I try to be selective on Wii games because they are expensive, but this game sucks.  That is the only way to describe it.  The graphics are not that good and the controls do take some time to get use to.  I don't know the return policy at Target, maybe I can exchange the game for something else or I could be stuck with it.  I do know once opened you can't get your money back, but I would rather get another game.  I wish I had something better to report, but I plain don't like it.  Maybe Target will take pity on my sad little face and let me exchange it, so we shall see.  I really was hoping that it was going to be better than that. :(
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline templesmom

• Townie
  • Happy Simming!
Re: Sims3 on Wii
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 08:36:16 AM »
So sorry to hear that. Places like game stop will buy used games. So that might be an option if Target doesn't let you return. Good luck!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

FleurDeLune

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 08:54:23 AM »
I totally agree with that opinion Saltypaws.  Bad graphics, horrible sound. I was so disappointed.  I bought mine at EB Games - if they won't refund, at least I'll be able to trade it in as a "used" game.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 04:46:22 PM »
Wow that is terrible to hear  :o I hope you can get an exchange. If you hate it that much it's not likely you'll touch it again when you have the option of playing on PC. It must be pretty bad.. it's been out a few days now and only has 7 user reviews on gamespot, and none of their affiliates have reviewed it :(

I did just think of this -- since you are used to the PC, hopefully your expectations are higher. We do have the best port after all. I hope some folks out there are enjoying it!

Offline Jancy

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 02:44:20 PM »
I have to agree with Salty-I just played mine for about an hour and really not happy with it at all.  The controls are a pain to use, you need to direct your Sim with everything.
For instance, she was nauseous, direct her to toilet (you can't just click on toilet and say go here), then you have to click toilet, then click an option to use, which were vomit, or use. Then click one of them.  Everything just seems like a big - to do - when playing this on the Wii.
It's hard to explain but certainly doesn't compare to Mac/PC version. Most of the features that are in the MAC/PC version are not in the Wii version. It reminds me of a watered down demo version of the Sims 3.
If anyone is thinking about purchasing this-don't expect it to be like Sims 3-far from it, which is to bad. :(

Leto85

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 04:29:43 PM »
To be honest, those comments I've read above here are exactly what I was expecting. I have once played The Sims 1 on the ps2 (at a friend's house thank goodness, not my game) and the first thing that came up in my mind was: 'I miss a keyboard. I actually do miss a keyboard although I know this is a console game.'
Well, in my opinion: when someone describs a console game like that the whole review actually just can't get any better anymore. All the descriptions I've read above this also fit the description of my experience with previous console sim games. So I can say: stick to the pc with everything sims related.
Although saying that, the mobile version is kind of fun, until it glitches, but that's another story.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 12:43:14 AM »
I'm moving this to the new Sims 3 on Console board.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2010, 05:14:27 PM »
I'm moving this to the new Sims 3 on Console board.

Is there one? Strange, didn't see it before. Is there actually someone doing the DS version off it? I'm doubting on buying one, cause I had good experiences with The Sims Bustin' Out.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2010, 11:23:51 PM »
Is there one? Strange, didn't see it before. Is there actually someone doing the DS version off it? I'm doubting on buying one, cause I had good experiences with The Sims Bustin' Out.

It's a new board.  You didn't see it before now because it wasn't there.  :)

It looks like we're going to have someone working on the Playstation 3 version.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Pokey

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2010, 04:51:25 AM »
That is too bad about the Wii Sims 3. From what I have read that is the only console that you can play co-op on.

I own the Xbox 360 version, and I am pleased with it. I know it's a "watered down" version of the PC game, but it's the best console Sims in my opinion. I have only had it freeze on me once and I like the controls. Also, you do not have to direct them to everything.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2010, 05:35:55 AM »
Welcome to our Forum, Pokey!

I like your name and avatar!  I had a Gumby and Pokey when I was a kid.  Decades ago!  Seeing it again brought a smile to my face.  Thank you!

Feel free to start a topic about Xbox 360 and share your experience with it, if you like.  We'd love to have any information that you'd like to share with our community.  It's enough different from the PC version that the majority of us just don't have any answers for anyone who has a question.  We're working on that, but it looks like we'll be getting a person up to speed on the Playstation 3 version, which I hope won't be too different from the Xbox 360 version so that maybe we can handle some questions about both.  If you put together enough information, Carl may even want to put it on the Guide.  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2010, 05:59:48 AM »
I guess the only way I can get rid of the Sims for Wii is to just take it to gamestop.  At least maybe I can find something else I like.  Target will not even exchange the game for another one, which I expected.  Oh well, you don't know until you try it.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2010, 06:04:21 AM »
I guess the only way I can get rid of the Sims for Wii is to just take it to gamestop.  At least maybe I can find something else I like.  Target will not even exchange the game for another one, which I expected.  Oh well, you don't know until you try it.

You can take it to a used game store, or sell it on Ebay.  :D

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Chopsticks

• Townie
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2010, 06:45:00 AM »
Kinda off topic but i got the ps3 version a while now and i've even found some special seeds.
"Doors are for people with no imagination" - Derek Landy

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2010, 07:25:40 AM »
Kinda off topic but i got the ps3 version a while now and i've even found some special seeds.

Now that we have a board for Sims 3 Console, please post an off topic comment on a different topic or create a new one,

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog