Author Topic: Mod request: Bottle and toys in crib?  (Read 2072 times)

Offline acerthorn

• Llama Wrangler
Mod request: Bottle and toys in crib?
« on: April 22, 2016, 07:33:09 PM »
Is there a mod out there that lets my toddler drink his bottle, and play with the toys in his inventory (you know ... the toy that eventually becomes an imaginary friend) while he's sitting in his crib? It would certainly help, since toddlers don't go to sleep as soon as you put them in the bed, like all other age groups, so if  put my toddler in the crib before he's ready to sleep, I could end up wasting time, with his hunger, social, and fun meters going down without any way to curb that. He could be hungry when he wakes up, and having wet his diaper, because I put him in the crib about two hours before he was ready to sleep, causing those meters to go down by a lot.

And while he may not be "bored" or "lonely,' he would still loose the "having a blast" and "makin' friends" moodlets ... meaning he won't acquire lifetime happiness points in his sleep!

Alternatively, is there a mod that forces the toddler to sleep when he's put in the crib, regardless of the status of his energy meter, just like all the other age groups?

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
Re: Mod request: Bottle and toys in crib?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 08:09:48 PM »
I don't use mods, so I don't know. But I did have a couple of suggestions.

Have you tried mod the sims? They may have/know of such a mod.

Alternatively, there is actually no need to use cribs for toddlers/nooboos. You can just leave them on the floor and they'll eventually fall asleep when tired enough and you can direct them to play with things (or they'll do so themselves), and they'll potty themselves if trained to do so. As far as I know, however, they need someone (child up) to feed them (on the floor only if fed by child) for hunger and to change their nappy for hygiene.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline acerthorn

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Mod request: Bottle and toys in crib?
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 08:18:36 PM »
I don't use mods, so I don't know. But I did have a couple of suggestions.

Have you tried mod the sims? They may have/know of such a mod.

Alternatively, there is actually no need to use cribs for toddlers/nooboos. You can just leave them on the floor and they'll eventually fall asleep when tired enough and you can direct them to play with things (or they'll do so themselves), and they'll potty themselves if trained to do so. As far as I know, however, they need someone (child up) to feed them (on the floor only if fed by child) for hunger and to change their nappy for hygiene.
I use a mod that allows genius toddlers to take their own bottles.

Anyway, Mod the Sims expressly does not allow requests for new mods. Their "Where Can I Find" board is exclusively for mods you already know exist, but are having trouble locating.

EDIT: Also, forcing toddlers to sleep on the floor just sounds cruel.

anything