Author Topic: Competing Collectors  (Read 10925 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Competing Collectors
« on: June 03, 2016, 06:14:48 AM »
Competing Collectors

Goal
There's no rivalry like sibling rivalry. When your two siblings are both collectors, both going after the elusive walking stick or cowberry, the rivalry can be intense indeed. Which of your sibling Sims will wind up with the most impressive set of collections?

General Challenge Rules
The General Challenge Rules always apply.
For this challenge only, your aging settings should be Aging on for Active Household Only. Do not check Aging for unplayed households.
WARNING: Your settings for this challenge will be different from your settings for the other challenge and also for the Immortal Dynasty.

Specific Challenge Rules
  • Create two human YA sibling Sims in CAS. Click on the gender customization button and under "Pregnancy", choose "Neither."
  • No adding to the household.
  • You must move one Sim into a separate household. Instructions for moving out a sim can be found here.
  • You can switch households whenever you want.
  • Once one of your Sims has aged up to Adult, you must play only the second Sim. This challenge ends when the second Sim ages up to Adult.
  • Your two Sims must collect everything on their own, i.e., you can't leave one Sim's crystal on the lawn for the other Sim to pick up. But Sims can duplicate each other's efforts. Both Sims can have apples in their collection and both Sims can have plants as a complete collection.
  • Both Dine Out and Kids' Room Stuff are too recent for their collections to be counted in this challenge.

Scoring

You'll get 1 point for each unique item in a collection, with a 5 point bonus for each completed collection. Report the number for each of your Sims and the total of both.

Ch-Ch-Changes
The team does not want to edit and make changes to the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else we reserve the right to ask affected players to redo their effort.

Have Questions?
Please think hard before you ask in the challenge thread because it may be strategy. What you may consider an innocent question could cause another player to go — “oh, I did not think of doing that.” It’s always safer to PM everyone on the team (Metro, ratchie, Nutella, LenaLJ, Trip, and MarianT) for clarifications. Thanks.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event, but the winner especially is expected to do so in detail.

This Event Is Now Closed

Player            Sim A           Sim B           Total
thekatie0409                           305287592
Ricalynn                           292295587
LenaLJ                           281299580
oshizu                           286288574
sdhoey                           260310570
Nutella                           261307568
Minnie Mouse                           263298561
reggikko                           268277545
smastbrook                          184236420
MissZoef                          161256417
mcbalisen                           202203405
Metropolis Man                          190193383
Magpie2012                          210159369
Ginj                          173175348
Narinn2045                          171161332
lubba91                           167157324
Eighty8Keys                           159157316
MarianT                           122124246

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
Re: Competing Collectors
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 08:13:54 AM »

• You must move one Sim into a separate household.

What is the best & legal way to do this, do they move in with an existing family?  I admit I have only been trying for about 20 minutes, but can't work out how to do it! 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 08:35:51 AM »
I put a link in the rules to the place in the guide where moving out is explained. It has pictures and everything. (Not saying you need pictures, just that they make things clearer.)
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 08:59:44 AM »
Thank you @MarianT  - perfect! 

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 10:08:18 AM »
I am assuming that a unique item means unique to both Sims rather than to each. For example, if both Sims collect an apple, that only counts as one unique item. Is this correct or are items counted as unique to each Sim? Similarly, is a completed collection only scored once, or per Sim?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 10:30:26 AM »
This is kind of Marian's baby, so she'll correct me if I am wrong but I think the apple would count as unique to both Sims in your example. You're basically trying to do as well as possible for both households which means scoring as many complete collections for both Sims.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2016, 11:56:05 AM »
I am assuming that a unique item means unique to both Sims rather than to each. For example, if both Sims collect an apple, that only counts as one unique item. Is this correct or are items counted as unique to each Sim? Similarly, is a completed collection only scored once, or per Sim?

No, both sims can count an apple (but not the same apple), and both can get credit for the same collection.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2016, 06:42:06 PM »
Scoring question. Is a collection completed when all original items are found? So, for fish, 22/22 is complete even if you don't have the add-on (Spa Day or Granite Falls) fish?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2016, 08:24:34 PM »
Scoring question. Is a collection completed when all original items are found? So, for fish, 22/22 is complete even if you don't have the add-on (Spa Day or Granite Falls) fish?

Yes, if the game considers a collection complete, then it is. Not everyone has Spa Day, etc. But you do get to count a point for the collectibles that came with other packs.

Offline Narinn2045

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2016, 04:54:19 PM »
Hi everyone, I'm a new member, so I'm not 100% sure how this all works. Am I able to start a challenge after the official start date?
Current Stories
The Zanre Legacy

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2016, 04:55:54 PM »
Welcome to the forum!   Yes you can start a challenge after the official start date and then work through it.  Just remember to read all the rules for this challenge plus for the tournament.  You only get one chance to play it through but even if you fail for whatever reason, there is a possibility you can submit a partial score. :)
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Narinn2045

• Townie
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2016, 05:01:38 PM »
Okay, thank you so much for the speedy reply!
Current Stories
The Zanre Legacy

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2016, 01:54:22 AM »
SIM A: 268
SIM B: 277

TOTAL: 545

Offline Minnie Mouse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2016, 01:05:33 PM »
Can we place a restaurant from Dine Out to work towards the Experimental Food collection?

Also, I was just reading the blog post for the Kids Room Stuff pack that will release next week: https://www.thesims.com/news/the-sims-4-kids-room-stuff-reveal
It sounds like they are adding a collection. Will this one be banned (since it is releasing about halfway through the challenge), or is it fair game upon release?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2016, 04:23:59 PM »
Sorry, we're not allowing people to add venues for this challenge so the Experimental Food collection can't be counted. And the Voidcritter cards can't be counted either -- we never allow content that comes out in the middle of a challenge.

But don't let that stop you from getting the Kids' Room Stuff Pack. It might be useful in some future challenge. ;)