Author Topic: Trying to hire employees  (Read 2405 times)

Offline Niquep88

• Nooboo
Trying to hire employees
« on: June 09, 2016, 10:12:20 PM »
I'm having issues on how to work this restaurant..I'm trying to hire employees and I only have a chef..I don't know how to seat people down to eat..it's frustrating me.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Trying to hire employees
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 10:16:01 PM »
Hi, welcome to the forum. You need a host and the hosts station to be able to seat people in your restaurant.  :)

Carl's already got a great guide out on this pack.

Guide to Dine Out
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Niquep88

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 10:31:34 PM »
I hired one and a waitress but only I see a chef when I open..I did it at home of the sim..I have a host station and no host

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 10:35:22 PM »
Do you mean you built a restaurant on your residential lot? If that is the case, for it to function as a restaurant you will have had to change the lot type. Might be easier to go to the restaurant lot and then hire the staff. Maybe fire the staff already hired and start again. Or delete the hired sims using the manage world menu so you can get a fresh lot of sims available in the hiring menu.

I know that moving the hosts station can cause issues once you have already hired staff so it is best to do any building etc before hiring anyone. It's best to have the waiter and hosts station on the full grid block as opposed to placing them using alt or MOO.

There is a bug thread open if you want to add a comment or a 'me too' on the EA Bug Reports
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline desertrose0601

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 02:25:22 AM »
I'm having issues on how to work this restaurant..I'm trying to hire employees and I only have a chef..I don't know how to seat people down to eat..it's frustrating me.

To make a functioning restaurant, you need to first "Buy Restaurant" from the drop-down menu in the bottom right corner of the screen. This will allow you to pick a lot to build on, and will automatically assign a "Restaurant" lot type to it. You cannot turn your home lot into a restaurant.

Next, when you're on the restaurant lot, you'll be able to click into the build/buy mode and add things the restaurant needs.... a working bathroom, chef station, host station, and waiter station.

Lastly, once you've purchased all the required items (you can double-check that you have everything in the "Info" drop-down at the top of your screen) you can manage your restaurant and it'll let you hire one chef, one waiter, and one host. When you open up your restaurant for the day, they'll just show up automatically and start working. You, as the owner, can then promote, demote, praise, or criticize the employees, greet customers, etc, to try to help your restaurant grow!