Author Topic: Game not acknowledging dining furniture not included in pack  (Read 3231 times)

Offline Senoigh

• Nooboo
I created a restaurant for the new Dine Out pack and the mandatory list only acknowledges a "dining spot" when I use the tables and chairs that came in the pack, which doesn't allow for a lot of variety. Also, I've seen other restaurants people have made with different tables and chairs, is there something I'm missing? How do I utilize other dining tables and chairs that the sims will actually use in the restaurant and that the game will acknowledge as a "dining spot"? Is anyone else having this problem or is it just supposed to be like this?

Offline Kamxam

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Game not acknowledging dining furniture not included in pack
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 01:19:47 AM »
i just use the dining tables and chairs from the appropriate section of the build menu. Stuff from the new pack is more themed for restaurant building, but there's no reason you shouldn't be able to use the older stuff. I pre-made my restaurant weeks before the pack came out and the customers use the pre-game pack tables and chairs just fine.
As for "Dining spot" i just make sure the lot is classified as a restaurant first thing. (I had it as a lounge at first and for the life of me couldn't figure out what i was doing wrong till i checked the lot status...lol)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline phoenixc

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 08:15:00 AM »
SimGuruModSquad on official sims4 site wrote:

New slots have been added to tables to allow for colouring on placemats. You can fix cc tables quite easily by exporting the rig and slot binary files from an official table, and importing them to your cc table. You just have to match the right table size (eg 1x1 or 1x2).

You should look at the Tag entries in the Catalog Product resource (0X319E4F1D).

In this case the tag you are likely missing is 1006, which flags the item as a Dining Chair. Bar stools should be flagged as 1008.

Another tag of relevance is 26625 which flags the object as a Restaurant Item so it appears in the catalog when that filter is applied.
tables will work in restaurants to a point as long as they use an official chair, or a cc chair that has been updated. The only reason to update a table is to add the ability for sims to draw pictures. This requires specific slots to be added.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 10:31:40 AM »
I was able to convert the Solar Flare lounge, by merely adding the host station on the ground floor, a kitchen on the roof, and a waiter station on the second floor. I used the existing table layout, and it worked fine.

Offline phoenixc

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 11:02:04 AM »
Found the tutorial to convert CC chairs for Dine out: http://sims4studio.com/post/51346

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 11:25:57 AM »
Some of my restaurants' dining spots are made from Dine Out tables and chairs or booths, while others have different tables and chairs as dining spots.  I decide based on the theme of my restaurant.