Author Topic: Employees Need Breaks?  (Read 74138 times)

Offline desertrose0601

• Nooboo
Employees Need Breaks?
« on: June 12, 2016, 02:13:40 AM »
After my employees work awhile it says they're tired and need a break. I don't see any option for letting them take a break or even just work in shifts. Am I missing something or is the only way to give them a break to close the restaurant?

Sometimes I still have customers in the restaurant, so I really don't want to get rid of paying customers just to give my employees a break. Ideally I'd love to run a 24-hour diner that ran it's employees in 8-hour shifts. Is there a way to do this?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Employees Need Breaks?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 04:56:27 AM »
Short of possibly cheating to keep people's moods/ needs filled I'm not sure this is actually possible.  Restaurants not owned by you can be open 24 hours but they actually made it part of the game that people would tire out over time like real workers.  To test the full needs cheat just place a mailbox on the lot somewhere. 

As for running shifts,  that's not doable at this time and will most likely require a mod made by someone.  Have you thought about owning more than one restaurant and just running one right after the other?  All of your perks work for every one of your restaurants.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 07:50:54 PM »
If you have your restaurant open for too many hours even the top ranked staff will start being dissatisfied. It's best to watch the hours of opening and close after a reasonable amount of time if you do not want to use cheats to keep up their needs.

You can also shift click a sim after typing 'testingcheats on' and fill up their needs individually by 'making happy' if you don't want to fill everyone's needs at the same time or if you don't want to place a mailbox.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 03:25:39 PM »
I took over a Sim and added to household trying to figure out what inspirational speech did and saw no moodlet, but when I brought the Sim under my control I saw that she was uncomfortable and it was obviously going to impact her work. This was a chef so not a Sim you want cranky if you want good service. They do seem to come in with high or reasonably high needs, so you can expect theirs to fall at about the same rate as your Sim's. Allow for a margin of error and observe them and you can just close before this message even comes up, probably avoiding them growing dissatisfied. It's hard to repair that, and you can only give so many raises of course but it may pick up over time. They do not seem to need much time in between openings to recover from work.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 12:04:15 PM »
I think this was a big oversight when creating the pack.  You can't give your Sims a break or have shifts for different employees. When I built my restaurant I even added a small room attached to the back of my burger/diner that contains a twin bed and a shower so that my Sim could spend long days trying to get a successful restaurant going. 

I still can't figure out why, when my owner is hungry,  she'll make a microwave dinner and then go across the street to the park to sit and eat. I honestly don't think she's smart enough to think about a change of scene to give her a break from the restaurant.  At one point I had her clean out the microwave because someone had left a dinner in there.  She took it out and even though there was a trash can right beside her she again walked accross the street to put the dinner in a trash can in the park.

Offline shaunta

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2016, 11:32:10 AM »
I think this was a big oversight when creating the pack.  You can't give your Sims a break or have shifts for different employees. When I built my restaurant I even added a small room attached to the back of my burger/diner that contains a twin bed and a shower so that my Sim could spend long days trying to get a successful restaurant going. 

I still can't figure out why, when my owner is hungry,  she'll make a microwave dinner and then go across the street to the park to sit and eat. I honestly don't think she's smart enough to think about a change of scene to give her a break from the restaurant.  At one point I had her clean out the microwave because someone had left a dinner in there.  She took it out and even though there was a trash can right beside her she again walked accross the street to put the dinner in a trash can in the park.
For sims "living" on a restaurant lot tables are considered to be restaurant seating only. Eating at a island counter is not counted as a restaurant spot.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 12:32:47 PM »

For sims "living" on a restaurant lot tables are considered to be restaurant seating only. Eating at a island counter is not counted as a restaurant spot.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

But she wasn't living at the restaurant. She had a home and went to the restaurant each morning and went home every night. I put a bed and a shower in back so she could nap or take a shower just so she could put in a long day. She still went home every night.   As far as eating, she had a desk in the back room, could have sat on the bed or used one of the benches out front. Instead she chose to take her meal across the street to the park to sit on a bench there.

The trash issue also baffles me. She was standing next to a trach can in the kitchen yet took the trash across the street to a park trash can.

Maybe it's all related to the washing dishes in the bathroom sink bug because I still have that one.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything