Author Topic: Building Grand Staircase  (Read 7255 times)

Offline Kediset

• Nooboo
Building Grand Staircase
« on: June 25, 2016, 04:45:08 PM »
So, I've been trying to build a grand staircase following the tutorial on the site, but I'm having trouble getting the stairs to connect between platform and second floor like what's shown in the pictures :( What am I doing wrong?

20160625163925_1.jpg

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
Re: Building Grand Staircase
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 03:12:47 AM »
Do you have a foundation on the main floor? That would make it impossible for the stairs to connect at a set level. Otherwise, that looks fine.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Kediset

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 09:49:09 PM »
Wish that was the issue but it isn't :/ Trying to get the stairs to connect from lower platform to upper platform from the edges, but it absolutely refuses to do that... get too close to the edge, it just goes from lower platform to the ground instead. Not close enough, and it goes red until I have it smack down the middle. Also, there's an odd step in the bottom staircase that I already got set up (sticks out a bit longer than the rest of the steps).

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 04:31:50 AM »
 @Kediset    I'm trying to figure out what the problem is, but I can't quite see what's happening in your screenshot. Could you maybe toggle the view to daylight and take another shot? But for now, what is the setup... do you have a platform that is a bit higher than the lower floor and you are trying to connect the stairs from this platform to the upper level?
Also, could you take a shot of the odd step in the lower staircase please.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Kediset

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 05:39:58 PM »
Yes, the set up is that I have a platform bit higher than the lower floor that I'm trying to connect to the upper floor with stairs. Maybe I made the platform a bit too short for me to connect from the edges? The stairs only connect if the base is smack in the middle of the platform.

As for the step, I think that's just how it looks (every few steps it's a different color I believe. I confirmed it's not an error when I tried out another type).

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2016, 12:40:35 AM »
It looks like your platform is a little low. Did you pull the ground down by two sets of stairs before building the little room to level the platform from? There should be 8 steps leading from the platform to the lower floor.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations

Offline Kediset

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2016, 08:09:22 AM »
Yea :( I find that method a little frustrating, because I did make it 2 stairs, but obviously I didn't put them down right. How would I know I got it right?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2016, 08:21:09 AM »
It looks like you have only gone down 1 set of stairs. Have a look at the second photo in the guide for the U shaped stairs (the one after the picture of the finished stairs) that's is a little clearer on how to sink the two sets of stairs. There is an alternative - if your platform is lower, it just needs an extra square between the platform and the upper level. Try moving the upper level one extra square away and the stairs will fit.

Offline Kediset

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2016, 12:55:51 PM »
Well, I managed to finally tweak the stairs to work... of course some other problem pops up. It's connecting to the third floor instead of the second. *hits head off desk*