Author Topic: The Greening of Newcrest - an Apocalypse Challenge (Nov 5th 2018) COMPLETE  (Read 5717 times)

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: The Greening of Newcrest - an Apocalypse Challenge
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 05:45:04 PM »
I mentioned in the Apocalypse challenge support thread that I was planning to do the Sims 4 version having completed the Sims 3 version, and it was suggested that people would like to see the story.  I've never done a story and I don't know how much time I can put into it but here goes.  This may end up being a summary more than a story, you have been warned.

Meet the Founder

This is Avani Sotelo, an unofficial wonderchild.  She would have scored around 600 points if I had been scoring properly. 
Avani means 'earth' in Hindi, Sotelo means 'grove' in Spanish, so very cosmopolitan.  She's living in Tranquil Crescent in a house designed by @Joria

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 07:23:04 PM »
Neat! I like your cosmopolitan founder, and I'm excited to see Joria's house in action.
Whether it ends up being a story or a summary, I'll be reading either way. I need inspiration for my own languishing AC. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 04:19:36 PM »
Thank you for using my little house.  I keep meaning on doing a few more and keep getting side tracked.  I hope you continue with the story!  Love your founder and the names are terrific.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
  • And I usually don't fall when I try to stand
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 04:22:57 PM »
It's fine if you can only do a summary! I personally love reading summaries, and seeing what others do strategy-wise, especially with a challenge like this. Avani is beautiful.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2016, 04:23:40 PM »
Thank you all, I have a bit more story planned (in my head) but want to do more playing before I post again.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2016, 06:35:34 PM »
Chapter 1: Getting Started

Avani: Well that was unpleasant.  Watcher... WATCHER...
Watcher: Umm.. yes Avani, what's wrong?
Avani: What's wrong? Didn't you notice that thug? As soon as we had finished the house, some bloke turned up and demanded all our money.
Watcher: Did you give it to him?
Avani: Of course I did, we were told to blend in remember? "Newcrest is in a bad state, we're the only ones who can fix it, blah, blah, blah."
Watcher: Oh good, you were listening.  I've been planning our next few moves.  First you need a job.
Avani: Oooh, chef please
Watcher: Sorry, that's not going to work. you'd better go into business, no shift work and sorting out the management problems will make life much easier for your decendents.  Speaking of decendents, you need a husband.
Avani: Going a bit fast aren't we? We've not even been here a day yet.
Watcher: Please Avani, there's loads to do and the sooner we get started the better.
Avani:  Ok, Ok, I'm getting a job

Watcher: Now, where is he?  Nope... not there either...  OK housemate will do. Avani, come and make friends with Summer please.
Avani: How will that help?
Watcher:  We want her roommate, so make friends, invite her to move in but move in Travis instead, simple.
Avani: Good job I have maxed charisma and the Incredibly Friendly trait otherwise this would take much longer. There, he's now my roommate.
Watcher: Turn on the charm then and lets have a wedding.

Avani: One thing led to another and by the end of the week...

Please meet Abigail Sotelo, my - our - first child.

Travis: My turn.
Watcher: Take it away Travis.
Travis: Nooboo making wasn't the only thing we did this last week.  Avani gained 2 promotions in the business career, and would have made 3 except her pregnancy made her too uncomfortable.  Here she is after her 1st promotion

Travis: Unfortunately Watcher only managed to take the one photo.
Watcher: Hey, I'm new to this.
Travis: I managed a promotion in my Tech Guru career.  Unlike my darling wife, I didn't have a childhood dedicated to this task so failing needs stopped a second.  Oh, and Avani makes the most adorable faces when she is working on her reports.

It's now Saturday morning and I plan to enjoy my weekend.

Watcher's note:  Thank you everyone who encouraged me to do this, especially @oshizu who's wonderchild and apocalypse stories I have greatly enjoyed and from whom I have borrowed many ideas. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Greening of Newcrest - an Apocalypse Challenge (July 6th)
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2016, 09:44:22 PM »
I am loving your AC story! It will be exciting to see the paths your household sims will travel!
Your exotic founder with her Hindi-Hispanic name is beautiful and she is such a go-getter! 
Employed, married, and pregnant before the end of Week 1! Avani and Travis look very cute together.

She looked absolutely huge before childbirth!
Can't wait for shots of Abigail!

P.S. If Avani is an unofficial Wonder Child than so was mine. I used the scorecard to track what traits/skills I wanted, but didn't care about scoring.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2016, 06:02:50 PM »
Wow!  Promotions and newboos oh my!  This is moving along nicely.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2016, 04:34:25 AM »
Very fast paced and I love your founder's name.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2016, 07:25:08 AM »
I'm having fun with this, but I'm bad at remembering to take photo's.  Still, should be posting next chapter in a few days.

Offline Luna264

• Primary historian specializing in the Houseplant Incident
  • Llama Wrangler
  • A small car drives up. It is an avacado.
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2016, 01:51:20 PM »
This story seems great so far! I'm loving your founder!

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2016, 08:50:02 AM »
Chapter 2: Ups and Downs.

A: Are you alright Travis, you look a bit down this morning?

T: I'm just ... it's just ... I never realised how bad it was here. You can visit for awhile, bring a picnic and fish and it all seems fine. There have always been rumours but the trees grow and the grass is green so the problems don't show. Then when you live here you find out the water is poisoned, the mob takes all your money and something in the air makes everything hard work.

A: Yes, it's definately hard, but remember the good bits too.  We've celebrated Abigails' birthday on Sunday, and my promotion on Monday.

T: True, but then Watcher mess it up with the mob payment and we ended up eating fruit for 2 days because we had no money to cook fish.

W: Sorry about that, I promise to learn from my mistake.

T: Hummph.

A:Thursday was a great day though, you got a promotion and Abbie got an A grade in school.

T: Yeah, that was a good day. I love you Avani, you always have the right words to make things better. 

Um, Avani love, was there something you needed to tell me?

A: I kept the best for last, nooboo 2 is on the way.

T: Best news ever.

W: Agreed.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2016, 10:32:49 AM »
Travis is so cute in your challenge! It's almost like Avani has an extra child, lol.
So much good news in this update! Congrats to Avani and Travis on their promotions!
Congrats to the adorable Abigail on her A grade!

And hearty applause to Watcher and company for a second nooboo!

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: The Greening of Newcrest - an Apocalypse Challenge (July 10th)
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2016, 11:56:01 AM »
I figured that coming from Willow Creek to the Apocalypse world would throw even the most confident sim. I suspect things will change when he is no longer tied to the PC for work.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2016, 11:49:45 PM »
Travis is such a good choice for a spouse and super to see those promotions rolling in!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2016, 04:45:28 AM »
Thank you all for your kind comments.  Sorry I've not updated much, I'm struggling to find time to both play and write.  (And I keep forgetting to take pictures  :( )

Summary: Avani is 2 days away from completing Business management, Travis is 1 day from his next promotion, Abigail will soon be a teen, nooboo 2 is an A grade student, nooboo 3 is a bassinet slave and we'll be working on nooboo 4 soon.  ;D

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2016, 09:47:40 AM »
A small but important update.

Avani Max Career.jpg

Lots of happy jumping and dancing, Avani has cleared the first career and we can now relax at work, not worry about being late etc.

For those of you who are still following this thread, here are the kids.

All Kids.jpg

On the left we have Abigail, who has just gained an A grade in highschool. Her name means 'fathers joy' in Hebrew.
On the right, previously known as nooboo2, I present Bakari. His name means 'noble oath/promise' in Egyptian or 'hopeful' in Swahili.
In the middle, only recently out of his crib, its ..... Cadeo. A Vietnamese name meaning 'folk song'.

Abigail rolled music lover to go with her genius trait and master chef to follow her Artistic prodigy aspiration.  Should make clearing culinary-chef much easier for her as she managed to finish her childhood aspiration.

Bakari has rolled perfectionist and rumbunctious scamp which is tricky to finish atm as the computer is still out of bounds.

Cadeo rolled self-assured and wizz kid.  We'll see how he does.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Greening of Newcrest - an Apocalypse Challenge (July 20th)
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2016, 05:34:51 PM »
Congrats on clearing your first career!
The children are growing up so quickly! Can't wait to see what new plans you have for Bakari and Cadeo!

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2016, 06:06:45 PM »
Congratulations on maxing the first career!

The children look great! Unfortunately, you might encounter some difficulty trying to max the Chef career with Abigail, since it requires level 8 in Gourmet Cooking, and Gourmet Cooking is very difficult to level without jumping through a few hoops. If Avani has the skill and has completed Renaissance Sim you can have her join the Author career and write a skill book for it, and have Abigail read that. Otherwise, the only way I know of that you can level it at this point is by building it at work, but that lowers performance and I imagine it takes quite a while.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2016, 06:14:04 PM »
@officialghosts, my plan is a combination of Avani writing a skill book and using 'discuss gourmet meal' interaction.  At the moment I can't decide whether to have Avani quit management and join author or whether to wait until Travis has maxed eSport Gamer when the computer will be free to use.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2016, 06:25:37 PM »
@HelenP Oh yeah, using the social interactions is a good idea! And personally, I would switch her over to Author now unless Travis is gonna max his career before Abigail ages up. I like to get most of the skilling for this challenge out of the way during the teen years, since it can be difficult to balance it when combined with a career.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2016, 09:27:01 PM »
If Avani joins the Author career, she will have access to the computer for her daily task "write books," regardless of whether Travis has lifted the Esport Gamer restriction.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2016, 06:27:50 PM »
Chapter 3: Kid and House Stuff

Abigail: So, um, Watcher can I do this one, please.

W: I don't see why not.

Abbie: Right, well, um, Mum maxed her career in business you see and pursuaded the bosses of other business not to be so horrid which means adults don't have to work so hard any more.  The knock on effect is we kids don't have to work so hard in school because the teachers are less stressed.  Result. 

I've started working towards my chef career by taking over all the cooking.  Mum is really happy about this, she says that the next best thing to being a chef herself is having me do it, so she quit her business job and joined the writer career.  What has this to do with chef career you may ask, well, um, she has to write for her daily task you see so she wrote me a gourmet cooking book.  Now I can work on cooking and gourmet cooking at home and be ahead of the game when I start my career. Result.

Watcher has added another basement to the house because we had so much money that the mob would take otherwise.  It's got a yoga mat and exercise machines as well as a spare room which, um, I guess will be a bedroom. Now we can all get into a good mood for work and stuff. Result.

W: Abbie, why do you keep saying 'Result'?

A: Oh Watcher, don't you know <giggle>, all the cool kids at school use it.  And, um, I'm one of them now I sit at the back of the classroom you see.  Result.

W: Ah, a teenage thing then.

A: Um, can we show everyone pictures of the house now you've redone it.

W: Sure, why not.

A: So we have Basement 2, Basement 1, Ground Floor, 1st Floor, 2nd Floor, Roof
House B2.jpg
house B1.jpg
house g.jpg
House 1.jpg
House 2.jpg
House R.jpg

A:  What else, um, yeah, Bakari became teen, joining me in highschool. He's pretty sad about it cause he aged up in the middle of the night and nobody was awake to celebrate you see.  He immediately decided he wanted to be a party animal, um, but that's not going to happen because no-one is interested in fun, just survival.  He also got our Dads self-assuredness so, um, maybe he'll not be too sad all the time when people turn down his invites.

Bakari Teen.jpg

Mum had a chat with him over breakfast you see, and now he is happier and trying to decide whether to get people interested in parties (comedian career) or teach parents to influence their kids better (teen-babysitter career).

Bakari breakfast 2.jpg
Bakari breakfast 1.jpg

I think that's about it.  Um, Watcher have you got anything to add?

W: No, you've done a great job undating everyone.

A: Result then?

W: Yes, result.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: The Greening of Newcrest - an Apocalypse Challenge (July 24th)
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2016, 03:24:32 PM »
So much work for this challenge!  I admit, I'm too chicken to try.  Love how that little house has grown!  It's really looking good as are all the kids! Thanks for the update.

----------
My No Buy Story